Tractor Boy

Just when it cant get any more tempting you put B14's on it to - now I really want to see some photos on the car - I now have a price delivered, yes very good price, but timing is not great for me as new K Tec manifold & sports cat end of this month I had to sell an arm for.

Just when it cant get any more tempting you put B14's on it to - now I really want to see some photos on the car - I now have a price delivered, yes very good price, but timing is not great for me as new K Tec manifold & sports cat end of this month I had to sell an arm for.

It's hard to say no right? It's a really good price and you can have them in something other than black too. Not that black ones don't look amazing!

I'm sure you'll get there mate. And it's not a bad reason to have to hold off for a bit!

:smile:

Reactions: kevlar
It's hard to say no right? It's a really good price and you can have them in something other than black too. Not that black ones don't look amazing!

I'm sure you'll get there mate. And it's not a bad reason to have to hold off for a bit!

:smile:

Be really interested to hear your thoughts on the wheel and suspension combination - my other issue is my car has black speedlines and I really do like them so really conflicted.

Be really interested to hear your thoughts on the wheel and suspension combination - my other issue is my car has black speedlines and I really do like them so really conflicted.

Can fully understand that mate. I think the Speedlines are really nice and suit the car well.

That said, seeing as you have a nice set of wheels on already, selling them would nicely offset the price of the new ones...

(Sorry I'm not helping at all am I?)

We
Can fully understand that mate. I think the Speedlines are really nice and suit the car well.

That said, seeing as you have a nice set of wheels on already, selling them would nicely offset the price of the new ones...

(Sorry I'm not helping at all am I?)

I would never sell the speedlines, love them! thats what is making it harder...justifying two sets of wheels....hmmm winter and summer set....must stop, must stopppp.

We

I would never sell the speedlines, love them! thats what is making it harder...justifying two sets of wheels....hmmm winter and summer set....must stop, must stopppp.

:smiley:

Crikey! Two sets of wheels! That's a luxury I wouldn't be able to stretch to, no space!

Reactions: kevlar
I hate reading this thread, as I want the B14 suspension and the wheels :worried: hahaha.

Good work mate, love how this is coming along, such great list of mods / bits to go on!

Also love your CS, my mate had a standard M3 but it was all out track (he's on M3Cutters which I assume you are probably on, called Al, it had CSL roof, Nitron suspension, AP calipers all round etc, he's also really good behind a wheel), at the Ring he took me out, it was so god damn capable, also I agree the noise of the CF Airbox is addictive!

I hate reading this thread, as I want the B14 suspension and the wheels :worried: hahaha.

Good work mate, love how this is coming along, such great list of mods / bits to go on!

Also love your CS, my mate had a standard M3 but it was all out track (he's on M3Cutters which I assume you are probably on, called Al, it had CSL roof, Nitron suspension, AP calipers all round etc, he's also really good behind a wheel), at the Ring he took me out, it was so god damn capable, also I agree the noise of the CF Airbox is addictive!

Thanks Suj, there is a little bit more to come but not much.

And I'm glad you like the CS. I do too. So much so, I'm really struggling to part with it. Sometimes I feel like I've fallen out of love with it, and then I take it for a drive and it's all rosy.

I was on Cutters but I only really use it as a resource these days. Too many idiots on there sadly!

I remember Al off there, at least I think I do. Nice guy and a nice car and it's true, the CSL airbox is something really special. Hoping I can recreate a little bit of that noise and excitement in the Clio :smile:

Reactions: suj
Hi bud, how does the b14 setup compare (purely road use, ie, comfort) with the std r27 struts with a set of lowering springs (my setup, not sure the springs) just wondering as the time will come when they will need changed.

Hi bud, how does the b14 setup compare (purely road use, ie, comfort) with the std r27 struts with a set of lowering springs (my setup, not sure the springs) just wondering as the time will come when they will need changed.

Not on yet mate. Waiting for a slot in the workshop to come up.

I'm like a father waiting for his first born over here!

Reactions: Cossers
Thanks Suj, there is a little bit more to come but not much.

And I'm glad you like the CS. I do too. So much so, I'm really struggling to part with it. Sometimes I feel like I've fallen out of love with it, and then I take it for a drive and it's all rosy.

I was on Cutters but I only really use it as a resource these days. Too many idiots on there sadly!

I remember Al off there, at least I think I do. Nice guy and a nice car and it's true, the CSL airbox is something really special. Hoping I can recreate a little bit of that noise and excitement in the Clio :smile:

Not surprised, the 6pot + airbox = amazing every time.

Yep Al is a lovely guy, he's moved on the on to a couple of Porsches after (996 GT3 CS currently).

Also my mate has an Imola Red E46 M3, where the engine died, so he decided to put an LS3 in it....as you do LINK if you are ever bored.

I think with your plans it will sound great and will also be a great A and B road car :smile:

Not surprised, the 6pot + airbox = amazing every time.

Yep Al is a lovely guy, he's moved on the on to a couple of Porsches after (996 GT3 CS currently).

Also my mate has an Imola Red E46 M3, where the engine died, so he decided to put an LS3 in it....as you do LINK if you are ever bored.

I think with your plans it will sound great and will also be a great A and B road car :smile:

Oh you know that guy? That's a nutcase conversion mate. Bet it's absolutely mental! Very nice car that one. Had a LOT of money put into it.

Had a quick look through the build thread but my god it reminded me why I don't go on Cutters. Full of people old enough to know better bickering like children!

:smiley:

Reactions: suj