Tyres.....what you using

Just had mine replaced and went for the contis again! I think they are perfectly suited to the car. I havent tried any others but if it aint broke, dont fix it lol!

Im running the 197 on T1R's ATM and can't really fault them tbh.

Back to the Conti's soon though as the new 200 will come with them on!

conti 3 on summer wheels

vredestein ultrac sessanta on winter wheels - Fantastic

Bridgestone Potenza RE050, very stiff sidewalls, very good feedback through the steering wheel, superb steering response and excellent grip in the dry, but you must warm them up first. Not so good in the wet, personally I don't have confidence in them in the wet like I have confidence when driving on Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, but that could be because Eagle F1's are very very soft, and because you can't get enough heat in Potenza's when it's wet or damp. No comparisons in the dry, Potenza's are by far better.

Last edited:
My conclusion...

Conti SC3 = Fantastic. Great grip... don't last long if you drive hard though.

Toyo T1R = Average. Good on both road and track and in wet and dry conditions, but nowhere near as good as Conti's for overrall grip.

Kumhos Ku31 = Poor. Very good tyre for day-to-day driving but for spirited driving and track use they're terrible. They just don't inspire enough confidence to drive hard, I could deliberately slide the car sideways with ease... Avoid.

Hankook V12 Evo = My personal favourite. Offer everything the Conti's do at a cheaper price, and seem to be lasting me longer too. Can't argue with that!

I have conti 3's on mine, came with car... can't fault them... like a train on tracks:thumbup: ... am looking to replace mine soon.

What are the Bridgestone RE050 like? One website rates them better than the Conti 3s... Is this just cos of speed rating?

Anyone tried them?

been looking at some tyres for mine as the fronts are wearing down, there yokos, back are conts. wouldnt mind the r888s

just went to the garage and he said "oh sorry we ran out of conti 3's this morning will conti 2's do?" I left him my number and asked to call when he had conti 3s back

i'm running on conti 3s also... but its getting worn out. thinking of switching to Potenza RE-11 (Expensive) or something else. Any recommendations? except hankook & Kumhos as I'm in malaysia and they dont really stock them here.

I have Michelin ps2's they are awesome only downside is torque steer galore.

I'm on Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's on the front and Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric on the back.
I have nothing to compare them to but the GSD3's pattern looks sweet, they are useless in the snow tho!

From what you've all said i'll try the Conti 3's next. Nice thread btw.