Weebob's 197

Right been a while since the last up date so I thought I would consolidate some stuff from other threads, to keep all the trails and tribulations of my Clios ownership in one place.

First my rust problem..

Detailed here... Clicky Clicky

Turns out the car had been in a shunt and had a rear passenger quarter.

Problem was although the repair look sweet from the outside, very little work had gone into preparing the panel so it was rusting, surface rust but rust non the less.

Also turns out the quarter panel wasnt welded properly to the rest on the car, missing a load of spot weld towards the boot.

Finally the rear window was only held in at the top, no idea how this didnt cause a load of wind noise.

Long story short, got a cheque from the dealership to get it fixed. Panel off, treated then refitted and sprayed.

Looks like it never happened now.

Attachments

• ydejeqy4.jpg
    ydejeqy4.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
One of the front speakers has given up the ghost so punted for these...

Pioneer TS-Q131C

Out with the old...

IMG_20130603_164952_298.png

In with the new...

IMG_20130603_165635_979.png

Tweeters

IMG_20130609_123505_684.png

Dead easy to do, except for the drivers side tweeter which was a sod due to the location of the Parrot hands free display. Just need some more minus the tweaters to match for the back.

Last edited:
Finally got the balls to apply the RSTuner map.

Bought a new battery in the process as when saving the old map the low battery warning came up, from then the car was a struggle to start. Just pushed the battery over the edge I think, it looked like it was the battery the car came with, nearly seven years ago.

Borrowed a charger from deadmau5 (cheers Ross) to have that on the go with the mapping took place. Uploaded the new ECU software (went from B100 to B600 rst) this took a couple of mins. Then applied the new cal.

Have done nearly 300 miles with it and the difference is night and day, I didn't realise how bad the flatspot was and just got used to driving around it. Now its pretty much gone completely, the car is so much smoother, no kangarooing when cold is the icing on the cake.

I wouldn't say its gained anything (wasn't the aim) and I will get it on the SteC's rollers for a comparison at some point.

£200 well spent.

Not been on to much recently, but this post comes with bad news.

The Clio is getting traded in.

We have had our ups and downs. The Clio in many ways is a car I have become attached to, though all its faults. The best and rarely the worse car I have owned. Its has never failed me and always bought a smile but its time for something economical and with 100% less impending doom.

What am I getting instead I hear you ask... well not a fester st, but part of it is a little ford related. The Clio is actually being traded in for Skoda Fabia Reaction 1.2 12v, which Mrs Weebob will have. They Cracking value for money and the dealer gave over the odds for the Clio.

This will mean I will be using the family bus, a 2012 Nissian Qashqai +2 1.5 DCI with all the toys that we have had from new. Its too big for the Mrs and she doesnt enjoy driving it around town hence the swap. The Qashqai for the big lump that it is has always impressed me, handles well for its size and the 1.5 can drag its girth around shockingly well. Drive it like a angry Dad and it will still give 40mpg.

Two cars that cost bugger all to run leads me to the ford related part, my brother is donating his Ford Puma 1.7 to me to strip and have my first punt and a track car. I am going into this completely blind but I am going to strip and prep it myself and learn a lot along the way.

I will hang about on here every so often, and still up for NW meets to see how people are fairing.

Last edited:
You won't be dissapointed with the Puma mate, absolutely brilliant little cars. Best of luck with it, make sure you get a project thread on the go. :smile: