What is this? Centre console

I've wondered what this vent (2) is for a while, while browsing through some old photos I found this and wondered what is the black thing (1)? I didn't think to check when I had the fascia off :blink:

295dc0e4352e5bb6fc21cb371e090a5e.jpg

Not sure if I'm imagining it because you said that but I'm sure I've felt cold air coming out of there... Then it stopped when i turned the heat up

Looks like the tilt sensor that's in the back of the car.... didnt think there's two though

starteraerial.jpg

no clue what it is still but that's what they call it....

I wandered this too, but it makes sense if about the tilt sensor. Maybe it is fitted due to the xenons, they have sensors to adjust the angle of the lights.

Obviously if there is two then it can calculate the difference in height?

Just a guess?

I wandered this too, but it makes sense if about the tilt sensor. Maybe it is fitted due to the xenons, they have sensors to adjust the angle of the lights.

Obviously if there is two then it can calculate the difference in height?

Just a guess?

there connected to the suspension.....

Possible the ariel for the keyless entry? Pretty sure mine clio without keyless didnt have that vent there but coupd be wrong

No ****! lol I mean, why will it need the ventilation?! Nothing behind there is likely to get hot.

Probably helps with the signal.

TBH they have the same vent on the basic clios too and they do not have the keyless so it's probably got nothing to do with it.

the basic ones have the vent probably so they can save money by using the same dash parts, and vents help the signal. got my new clio (1.2 tce) today after rolling my other one a few weeks ago in the snow :/. very impressed with it so far, in love with keyless allready