What's happend to V-Power

I thought V-Power is 98 RON? Hmm... maybe in malaysia only. They are selling it here for RM 2.43/litre.

I think its fab.

I REALLY would advise against that unless you fancy burned holes in your valves. I tried it too and ended up with a £1800 bill months later

really :confused1: whole point of higher octane is to stop/reduce detonation.....

I thought V-Power is 98 RON? Hmm... maybe in malaysia only. They are selling it here for RM 2.43/litre.

I think its fab.

That is about 1/3 of the cost here!!

It is closer to 7.50RM here

I REALLY would advise against that unless you fancy burned holes in your valves. I tried it too and ended up with a £1800 bill months later

Well i suppose its a good thing the nearest station that stocks it is about 50miles away from me :-S

Hmm... I don't think that v-power will do that to the engine.

I pump V-power always and has run over 10k km now, nothing wrong with the engine and feel it is more smoother.

>_<

Did you read the above posts properlly ? I doubt it as we were talking about 102 + octane by bp. Not v power ....

anyone else notice a dip in fuel consumption when not using V-Power?

according to my local garage the supply was "contaminated". People are so full of poo

Last edited by a moderator:
V-power is the only fuel for high performance cars, mines mapped to 99 ron so if its not avaliable anymore i need to go halfrauds and buy a bulk load of octane booster lol :worried:

How come? What car was that on?

Reason i ask is I've ran 76 Cool Blue (106 Octane & £4/litre lol) in cars in the past and never had a single misshap? Granted only for track and 1/4 short stints. But at least situations where the engine is under full load for extended periods.

I had to put supermarket fuel in last week...cars run awful. Can't wait to stick V-Power in again.

It only seems to be the North of England and South West England that are suffering from V Power issues!!!

since new always been on tesco 99 or v power . . . . i would never put the rubbish stuff in . . . i'd risk running on vapour to find a shell lmao. oh and 102 octane????? i thought the scale only went up 2 100 as its a percentage?

We have loads of the stuff up here. Well, the V-Power petrol. No V-Power diesel at the mo.