Wheel cleaner

N0ddie

Platinum Member
My OZ Ultraleggeras have been totally neglected since I bought the cup racers. Essentially they've been sitting in the garage for a few months now and are still as dirty as they were when they came off the car.

A normal clean isn't gonna do much in the way of cleaning, the dirt is too ground in.

Any suggestions for some really good/strong wheel cleaner? Links to suggested products would be ideal if you guys could help.

Cheers

Definitely recommend the Bilberry wheel cleaner, top stuff, as is the PB wheel sealant

Cheers for the links Will.

Will buy all the suggestions.

Lastly. What tool (brush, sponge, mitt etc) is best suited to the job?

So IronX, do I just pour it into a spray bottle and spray away or does it need to be diluted in water?

Bilberry says: Heavy Soil - use neat or dilute 1:1. Trigger spray onto wheel, allow to dwell for 5 to 10 minutes, agitate then jet wash off.

I assume trigger spray is again, just stick it in a spray bottle?

Dont wanna ruin the wheels by putting it on wrong.

Ironx comes in a spray bottle and you just spray it straight on and leave for a couple of mins and you will then see purple runs where it has pulled all the dirt/tar etc away.

Yeah with bilberry you just dilute with water in to a spray bottle

So IronX, do I just pour it into a spray bottle and spray away or does it need to be diluted in water?

Bilberry says: Heavy Soil - use neat or dilute 1:1. Trigger spray onto wheel, allow to dwell for 5 to 10 minutes, agitate then jet wash off.

I assume trigger spray is again, just stick it in a spray bottle?

Dont wanna ruin the wheels by putting it on wrong.

And with the bilberry mate I don't think there's really a need to go under a 5:1 ratio.
I also use a small detailing brush to work it all into the tyres and wheel, then i personally use a wash mitt to finish off.

I do my ultras with billberry neat if they are bad and leave for 5mins give them a going over with a DZ brush then power wash of then dry of and seal with wax.

Similar Thread Suggestions