White Clio 200 cup pack

I want to go quite low.. How low is yours front & rear?

Im fully down at the rear but have about 2inches of thread left on the fronts, so could go a lot lower at the front, but the front is already lower than the back. More than welcome to take mine for a blast if your not to far away.

Here's a pic.

image_7.jpg

Last edited:
Im fully down at the rear but have about 2inches of thread left on the fronts, so could go a lot lower at the front, but the front is already lower than the back.

Here a pic.

image_7.jpg

oh that's fully down at rear? And is your geometry track setup with cambered front?

Yes mate that's fully down at the rear it could be taken lower by taking out an adjuster ring but would only gain another 5-10mm it is parked on a slight hill here to on flat ground it is slightly lower. Yes mate track geo about 2.5 neg camber at the front and 1.5 neg camber rear off the top of my head.

Yes mate that's fully down at the rear it could be taken lower by taking out an adjuster ring but would only gain another 5-10mm it is parked on a slight hill here to on flat ground it is slightly lower. Yes mate track geo about 2.5 neg camber at the front and 1.5 neg camber rear off the top of my head.

Ok, tempted to go all the way down with the back then.. Not having track geo done on mine though. Will have to get the front as low as possible without rubbing. Do you have any rubbing issues?

Ok, tempted to go all the way down with the back then.. Not having track geo done on mine though. Will have to get the front as low as possible without rubbing. Do you have any rubbing issues?

Yeah I would, how come mate? It's made mine so much better. It doesn't rub at all and I'm on rsr's which have quite a thick sidewall. How low you wanting to go?

Yeah I would, how come mate? It's made mine so much better. It doesn't rub at all and I'm on rsr's which have quite a thick sidewall. How low you wanting to go?

Because i use it on road too at weekends so don't want that much camber. I'm just happy with it being lower without that much camber. I'm going all the way down on the back and as low as possible without causing problems on the front.. Was originally thinking 50 front 60 rear

Because i use it on road too at weekends so don't want that much camber. I'm just happy with it being lower without that much camber. I'm going all the way down on the back and as low as possible without causing problems on the front.. Was originally thinking 50 front 60 rear

ahh I see makes sense then. Yeah sounds good mate when you getting them fitted?

[MENTION=3817]Toomer[/MENTION] what's a good damper setting? I'm wanting to set the front for road/track without having to adjust. i know the rears are easy to adjust so thinking around 23/25 clicks up front. wanting to run fairly stiff as that's how i like the car to be even for road use. I'm sure i need to have a play and find out for myself but if you could let me know what you run so i'm starting nearer the correct setup. cheers

@Toomer what's a good damper setting? I'm wanting to set the front for road/track without having to adjust.

Why did you buy adjustable dampers then? If you end up compromising the setting then you would have been better with Bilsteins which have an inverted mono-tube damper design. As you went specifically for the Spax due to their adjustment, makes sense to leverage the ability to go from road/wet track settings to dry track etc.

Why did you buy adjustable dampers then? If you end up compromising the setting then you would have been better with Bilsteins which have an inverted mono-tube damper design. As you went specifically for the due to their adjustment, makes sense to leverage the ability to go from road/wet track settings to dry track etc.

cus they go lower than the billys Probley as wants go low ..

only way is too go too track day and play with them but mistake most people make is they always have them too hard. When find what happy with just wind it off few clicks for road.

Last edited:
Why did you buy adjustable dampers then? If you end up compromising the setting then you would have been better with Bilsteins which have an inverted mono-tube damper design. As you went specifically for the Spax due to their adjustment, makes sense to leverage the ability to go from road/wet track settings to dry track etc.

Main reason is because they go lower plus i've read in a few places that the Bilsteins are a little soft for track us.. I'm more than happy with a super hard ride.. I just want to find a place with them that's stiff but not unbearable.. Chances are i will just play around with them myself and find where i want them to be and end up finding a track setting i like and a road setting i like.

I guess but I wouldn't necessarily go as low as you are intending, certainly you'll want to pay attention to the wishbone and track rod angles, there's a reason why the Cup Racers have an vastly different setup up front and it's to correct the geometry at those sort of decked ride heights.
Low is not always better and as per the point Chris says above too, stiff is not always better. A lot of entry adjustable kits have disproportionate rebound increases so the car suffers from 'jacking down' and then they typically have little to no blow off at high damper speeds which just makes it unnecessarily stiff, and so you just bounce of bumps rather than keeping the tyre in contact. Worth the time playing on road and track to find the balance as you're intending :thumbup1:

I guess but I wouldn't necessarily go as low as you are intending, certainly you'll want to pay attention to the wishbone and track rod angles, there's a reason why the Cup Racers have an vastly different setup up front and it's to correct the geometry at those sort of decked ride heights.
Low is not always better and as per the point Chris says above too, stiff is not always better. A lot of entry adjustable kits have disproportionate rebound increases so the car suffers from 'jacking down' and then they typically have little to no blow off at high damper speeds which just makes it unnecessarily stiff, and so you just bounce of bumps rather than keeping the tyre in contact. Worth the time playing on road and track to find the balance as you're intending :thumbup1:

Yep i agree though i really don't think it'll hurt at 50mm front and 60mm rear. Better than the h&r springs i'm sure! I only asked as it would be easier to be roughly in the right place to start with so i don't have to mess around so much. I think i'm going to start off around 18/20 clicks all round out of 28 to start with.

But doing it like that yes car will look low but make it handle ****. Taking the weight off the driving wheels. Just undoing what's good about the car. Idea of uprated suspension is too improve the car. If weren't using car on track and sitting on Maccy D's car park every night then yeh go low as want but surely if tracking it you want it the best can get it, too maximum handling out car and use full benefit of the coilovers ?

All personal choice though end of the day

Last edited:
I've read multiple threads with people who are as low as i'm going if not lower that run super hard dampening settings and all the feedback is very possitive. Even the chap who fits my coilovers runs stupidly lower and hard dampening (as stiff as can get on the rear) and he said it's 100 times better than sports springs. Either way i'm going to go low and run super stiff and i'm sure i'll be back on here posting possitive things and telling you how well it handles :smile: