White Clio 200 cup pack

I'm no expert but it depends on motion ratio of the suspension, sprung mass supported by each wheel, the desired ride frequency and as a result spring rates and probably many other factors so ideally You'll need suspension position sensors to find out - my point was only to question the feel of rock solid setup. As for the rebound setting (I guess spax are 1 way adjustable so rebound only, may also affect compression as well), frankly I seriously doubt that each of 28 clicks actually does what it's supposed to (Bilstein offers 10-step single adjustability as well as AST, cheap makes often offers twice that much; had once low budget - about the price of Spax - twin tube TEIN SS with 20 clicks or so on WRX STi, You could barely feel any difference between 3-4 clicks at a time, when set up for stock ride hight shocks were bottoming out because of very little oil in it). After reading more about suspension I wouldn't buy coilovers again without a dyno plot of each shock (including plot of each adjuster position). To sum up, I would prefer non-adjustable Bilstein over spax for similar price but each on his own and as long You're happy with your setup that's all that matters I suppose :wink:

The handling is great with the spax coilovers. Actually a very nice bit of kit! The dampening is easy to adjust and i would disagree. You can feel change with just a couple of clicks each way. I'm running 23 up front, 25 rear and it's unbelievable how flat the car corners. Very happy myself and i think anyone who purchased them for their Clio would be more than happy too.

That is strange i dont get any knocking or noise with mine fitted?

You're lucky, i've spoken to 4 people now who have the same problem as me. It' a deep knocking through the pedals.. Very annoying! Going to have a good look at it Thursday when it's up on the ramp. I don't think it's anything serious as everything is tight. Just very annoying feeling & hearing it!

Had my geometry setup with Mark Fish Motorsport. Can't recommend this guy enough.. His work really is spot on! Oh & he said for dampening settings it's better to run the rear stiff and the front slightly softer.

Yep that's correct. Hopefully bilsten pull finger out and do a higher NM Spring for the rear. They said they would do just question of when.

Chris you ever find out exactly what the B14 spring rates are? I read 60Nm linear but then Madeno reckon progressive - or at least they offer linear springs as an upgrade thus implying progressive.

I think they are 60nm but couldn't say if progress or liner. Hope they ride on road wouldn't say they are progresses

What's the ride on the road, ****?

Yours isn't a daily, do the right thing and a front and rear springs somewhere for testing :wink: Might want a re-valve if you go stiffer, probably worth speaking to Madeno about sending your kit to them, they rebuild for more travel (I presume shorter stronger linear bumpstops) and obv do the valving to suit spring rates.

So i did a track day yesterday at Snetterton 300. Since going last i now had changed to coilovers, semi slicks & OZ Ultraleggera's. Completely transformed the car. Was stupidly happy during the day lapping faster than most cars there, including BIG powered cars. How ever it didn't end too well... Here's a couple of pics on track!

IMG_6219_4.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-28%20at%2014.58.38.png

IMG_6221.jpg

Nearing the end of the day i headed back into the pits after giving a few friends passenger rides. I turned the car off and stood about chatting for a little while.. Jumped back into the car to go out one last time and the car wouldn't start.. Pressing the start button and getting a warning on the dash "steering not locked" Tried a few things but no luck! After looking online quickly and having a look we're pretty sure it's a knackered starter motor.. Apparently these can overheat when the car is pushed hard but either way it wasn't starting.. Got some guys to push my down the pit lane and managed to bump start the car. Next thing i hear is "Stuart, look under your car" There was oil literally pouring out the bottom of the engine.. I knew then i wasn't going anywhere! Hard to tell exactly what has happened but pretty sure the oil was coming from the gearbox. Luckily my dad was with my on the track day and has free recovery! Saved me big time! So this is how my day ended..

12768149_10153240012477610_8839063108970737153_o.jpg

My girlfriend was happy as we got a lift home in a nice warm, quiet & comfy lorry... Unlike my incredibly bumpy & loud Clio :tongueout:
Got it dropped straight to my guy who does all the work on my car and waiting to here what the problem is.. Hopefully something not too expensive as i really don't have the money to be spending out on it especially as the gearbox was only redone only a few months back!
Despite all this i'm still over the moon with how the car now sticks to the track effortlessly. Such a great car!

I'll put up a link to a short video of me on track later :smile:

That's a shame that the day ended like that :worried: at least you got it recovered easily enough, that can be the hardest part! Fingers crossed its nothing too dear for you to get fixed!

So sorry to hear of your problems. Was the clutch still working as when my slave cylinder went pop it leaked out fluid from around the gearbox area. Incidentally it failed at Snetterton on a track day. Whatever it is I'm sure Chris will get it sorted.

Photos looking good! Car looks amazing, sorry it ended on a bad note and it'll get sorted soon!

Sorry to hear about the problems, at least you got a good day beforehand! Is the problem when you drive so hard is things can give, just hope its not too pricey to sort out!

So sorry to hear of your problems. Was the clutch still working as when my slave cylinder went pop it leaked out fluid from around the gearbox area. Incidentally it failed at Snetterton on a track day. Whatever it is I'm sure Chris will get it sorted.

Yep, the clutch was fine. Chris will be letting my know soon what's up! :smile:

Here's a link to a small video of me on track.. I have no idea why but it's uploaded on Youtube to maximum quality of 360p when it was filmed in 1080p.. Any ideas on why? thanks