Why I hate cliosport.net...

On CS it was mainly that they felt I had photoshopped it to try and 'show off' as a tree in the back ground of the picture wasnt blurred enough...

Tell me that that did not happen and you are just making it up please...

I love C.S, genuinely find at least 5 interesting threads everyday plus some of the car builds are very good!

Major problem over there is the sheer number of members and new members who are unable to use the search function.. If you've been on there for any length of time you'll understand the reason why people can seem quite harsh on newcomers asking basic questions that have been asked 000's of times

I've lost count the amount of times "1*2 insurance help" has come up as a new thread.

It can get Ridiculous sometimes

I agree with you to a degree but there are ways of asking people to use the search function without being just plain rude as I have previously seen on cs and I think if the question has been asked and answered previously why not just simoky say, "this has been covered here take a look at this thread" and chuck them uo a link like the kind people do on this forum. A little friendliness goes goes a long way in my opinion.

In other news...

I also I feel in my personal experience that if your car isnt a 1*2 or a full in Renaultsport then most people on cs are unwilling to help and when asking question on upgrading injectors etc in my car quite often i'd get replies such as why not just buy a 182 rather than modifying your tce it'll never be a quick car that 1.2. Which I feel neither answered my question nor was very helpful in any way, I then got a pm from one ofnthe guys telling me to get on and join twingo133.net for better advise and general attitude towards new people so I did and then joined here for other pieces of help and info and to be honest I've never looked back.

I will say though that there are some decent people on cs they aren't all bad and local meets are alright.

Rant over ;-)

Ps. I did paragraph this rant but for sone reason tapatalk on andriod thinksnits kniws better :-/

Personally, I think that jon_r admin guy is best...

I'm slightly late to the party here as most points have been covered, but forums are very much what you make of them. ClioSport has a massive membership base and you're bound to get a few idiots in the mix, but there are a lot of very valuable members on the forum and their knowledge of the cars and the f4r are second to none imo.

If you're not keen on the chat in the general section then just read the technical stuff and the media forums, if thats not your cup of tea then the project threads are also well worth a read. There's something for everybody.

As Brian has said, if you are on there and you see something that you don't agree with then please feel free to report the issue using the report button. It'll highlight it too the moderating team who will look to deal with it as soon as possible if they think it necessary. The mods are all human, and with such a large number of forum sections, posts and members online, it's not possible to see everything all the time. People are quick to complain, but they rarely do anything about it, they just keep it to themselves or moan elsewhere.

At the end of the day we're all Clio enthusiasts (some of us Clio obsessives!), so if you think something could be improved, then we are all ears.

Jon
(Clio 172 and 197 owner)

I used to spend quite a bit of time there. Not anymore (<1 year). I frequent this site a lot of late and this is by far the friendliest forum. You all must be Canadians! Wish I could attend a meet with mine but don't fancy the drive up :wink: I'll be in Nottingham for a month in the next few months though, I'd love to pop around if anything is going.

Anyway, onto CS. I guess we could stereotype (poke it, slam it, turinis, FLOL, +1 etc etc). I agree that 197/200's don't get much love and the "clique" is quite evident. You get good quality threads but the general tone of the place is not exacty nice. I took a disliking to Revels and I bet the feeling was mutual. His ways, imho, aren't worthy of admin "powers". Don't know how he currently struts as I haven't been on in ages.

It is much bigger that 200.net but small is big, this is a cracking forum and I heap praise on those who run it and those who run it by contributing so much! I'm using the search function quite a bit here and there is no stone unturned. Currently looking into detailling but I tire just from reading the amount of work/hours. This site is horrible for one thing though, the wallet, and on that note I'm off to ebay to fetch myself some clay bars :wink:

To be fair you only need to look at other forums that have a big user base, Pistonheads for example. Plenty of A class cocks on there, not all of them but obviously you notice the offensive know it alls more.

Best thing is to learn how to avoid it, ignore it or counter it.

hey guys i had the exact same problem 2 years ago on cs....i was more or less bullied...and it come to something when you complain to the founder/mod and he dose nothing even know it says about bullying not being tolurated...
i refuse to pay to use that sight ever again. dont get me wrong theres still some nice people on there.

funny how they are like that on there, but hide away when you see them at a show id like to see them try that to my face!.......coz thats all they can do is hide behind a pc lol

at the end of the day i dont see why people go out of there way to upset and bully people,
i use theses sight to gain knowledge and meet nice people.

Last edited:
Simple answer.....leave them to it. Been on and it has its fair share of idiots but thats forums. In fairness, they have a lot of members so maybe its proportionate. It's really Clio 1*2 anyway.

To be fair you only need to look at other forums that have a big user base, Pistonheads for example. Plenty of A class cocks on there, not all of them but obviously you notice the offensive know it alls more.

Best thing is to learn how to avoid it, ignore it or counter it.

Simple answer.....leave them to it. Been on and it has its fair share of idiots but thats forums. In fairness, they have a lot of members so maybe its proportionate. It's really Clio 1*2 anyway.

Nail on the head... We can all take the mick and have banter but in fairness to Cliosport its quite a big forum. In that respect and with the largely younger demographic you will always get keyboard warriors that love to hunt in packs as you do with any large forum. As everyone knows its all to easy for a post in the digital world to be taken in the wrong context leading to what sometimes can feel like very personal attacks but that can always happen whatever forum you are on.

Lady-b's experiences with bullying shouldn't be tolerated in whatever circumstance but unfortunately the fine line between banter and bullying is different with each persons perception and from behind a keyboard the person responsible doesn't see the reaction or effect their post can have.

Jon_r from Cliosport is actually on point with his comments in that policing such a large site is a tall order, get past the few idiots, that ruin it for everyone else, and there is some very valuable technical knowledge and discussion to be found on there.

I occasionally go on to have a browse or search for specific information but with bad experiences I choose not to participate vocally anymore which is a real shame. I'd love to become a trader on there and a few other large forums as I could offer a lot of people quality products and some great discounts but I choose not to because I don't have the time to deal with the keyboard warriors that would inevitably ruin my threads.

The last thing we should do though is create a them and us situation, we are after all passionate about the same subject so if Cliosport works for you then thats great, if it doesn't then simply don't go on.

Amen... :smile:

Last edited:
Nail on the head... We can all take the mick and have banter but in fairness to Cliosport its quite a big forum. In that respect and with the largely younger demographic you will always get keyboard warriors that love to hunt in packs as you do with any large forum. As everyone knows its all to easy for a post in the digital world to be taken in the wrong context leading to what sometimes can feel like very personal attacks but that can always happen whatever forum you are on.

Lady-b's experiences with bullying shouldn't be tolerated in whatever circumstance but unfortunately the fine line between banter and bullying is different with each persons perception and from behind a keyboard the person responsible doesn't see the reaction or effect their post can have.

Jon_r from Cliosport is actually on point with his comments in that policing such a large site is a tall order, get past the few idiots, that ruin it for everyone else, and there is some very valuable technical knowledge and discussion to be found on there.

I occasionally go on to have a browse or search for specific information but with bad experiences I choose not to participate vocally anymore which is a real shame. I'd love to become a trader on there and a few other large forums as I could offer a lot of people quality products and some great discounts but I choose not to because I don't have the time to deal with the keyboard warriors that would inevitably ruin my threads.

The last thing we should do though is create a them and us situation, we are after all passionate about the same subject so if Cliosport works for you then thats great, if it doesn't then simply don't go on.

Amen... :smile:

here endeth the lessen :coffee::w00t::wiz::thumbsup:

Interesting read!!! :smiley:

I can honestly say I've never registered on the forum, the reason being is because it's reputation proceeds it I'm afraid.

I know that probably shouldn't put me off, but it did. Then I found this place, and well, I'm now an Overlord so you can see where my loyalties lie!!! :rofl:

Whilst I appreciate that the majority of people on there are probably alright, it's all too common in life that the idiot minority ruin things for the decent majority, that's not perculiar to the internet. Throw in a faceless avatar and a psudonym to hide behind and it just ramps the bullsh!t factor up to eleventy in some cases. The whole ''it's not a proper Clio, it's too big blah blah blah'' bullsh!t about the Mk3 just makes me laugh, it's not something I find offensive, I just pity those who in most cases haven't driven one and don't understand that more grip and composure doesn't make a slow car. I'd never poo-poo the 1*2, they're great cars. Infact, I don't think I've EVER seen anybody on here poo-poo them. That, I think, is where the dislike for CS comes from on here. A lot of what's said on here about CS is banter, people making jokes about ''Turinis'' etc., but a lot of truth is said in jest.

I can't even remember what I've typed now, I'm off to watch Peppa Pig.

:smile:

Last edited:
Interesting read!!! :smiley:

I can honestly say I've never registered on the forum, the reason being is because it's reputation proceeds it I'm afraid.

I know that probably shouldn't put me off, but it did. Then I found this place, and well, I'm now an Overlord so you can see where my loyalties lie!!! :rofl:

Whilst I appreciate that the majority of people on there are probably alright, it's all too common in life that the idiot minority ruin things for the decent majority, that's not perculiar to the internet. Throw in a faceless avatar and a psudonym to hide behind and it just ramps the bullsh!t factor up to eleventy in some cases. The whole ''it's not a proper Clio, it's too big blah blah blah'' bullsh!t about the Mk3 just makes me laugh, it's not something I find offensive, I just pity those who in most cases haven't driven one and don't understand that more grip and composure doesn't make a slow car. I'd never poo-poo the 1*2, they're great cars. Infact, I don't think I've EVER seen anybody on here poo-poo them. That, I think, is where the dislike for CS comes from on here. A lot of what's said on here about CS is banter, people making jokes about ''Turinis'' etc., but a lot of truth is said in jest.

I can't even remember what I've typed now, I'm off to watch Peppa Pig.

:smile:

The disdain for the mk3s is over on Cs, everyone's hating on the mk4 now lol

Although most people still can't get away with the 200s front end :oops:

There's enough mk3 owners over there now that the general consensus has changed to "the mk3s are actually just as capable, but since they're marginally more refined, they feel slower than the 1*2... Until you look at the speedo and notice you're doing silly speeds"

Tbh though, Cs started out quite like here, if you look through the archived posts you'll see the similarities I.e driving stories, modifications etc etc. and I can see 197/200.net going the way of Cs as more people buy them, this forum gets more members and inevitably; the price drops... The latter has been proved by a couple of people on here and Cs lol

But that's just my two penneth, I'm not saying there aren't bell ends on Cs, there are. People just need to take them with a pinch of salt to enjoy the rest of the forum.

Tbh though, Cs started out quite like here, if you look through the archived posts you'll see the similarities I.e driving stories, modifications etc etc. and I can see 197/200.net going the way of Cs as more people buy them, this forum gets more members and inevitably; the price drops... The latter has been proved by a couple of people on here and Cs lol

Very true

If anybody was bullied on Cs I'd like to think we would try and deal with it. To say you pm'd someone on the staff and they did nothing about it, I find that a bit odd. Anything like that would be taken quite seriously, I can assure you that.

Cheers.

Is this still occurring this thread?! :wink:

Would like to say that Brian & Luke (Boosh) on there are the main people I deal with, to alert them of threads like this, always been really helpful and friendly :smile:

I had problems a couple of years back when I first got the 197, the problems were dealt with immediately and properly by the moderators on there.

Anyone who knows me on there will know I'm quiet, but I still pay my membership every year as I think it's worth it.

Now, excuse me while I go and create a new that in the 'events' section on here - this thread reminded me of a promise I made to Brian some time ago lol :eek:

Last edited: