Wsr 2013

Looks like there isn't a British round to the World Series by Renault next year...

Not even a support race at Silverstone like this year!! Rubbish!!!

Thank god this years over though!! Been hard work!!!

What do the teams get out of it? There must be a good financial benefit? I ask because I've watched most rounds this year and the crowds seem to be so small at some of the venues, it barely seems worth the effort of shipping everything about etc.. Don't get me wrong there's been some great racing, it just puzzles me how it all works as a stand alone event/championship series. Is it mainly down to exposure for the drivers or is there good rewards in terms of sponsorship etc. for the teams?

We don't get anything from it, just the budget from the drivers. It's good for drivers though because its 2 times the track time of gp2, car is quicker, you get pitstops, and you don't have stupid Pirelli one lap rubber!!

But I guess it's just an advertising method for Renault. Gets 100,000 people thinking about Renault every other weekend! That's why there's no British round, advertising Dacia in Russia is more important!!

I suppose in terms of track time it's probably good value for money then for the drivers. Are you doing it again next year I take it? I'd love to see a Dacia Sandero RS, somebody will do it eventually hahaha!!! :smiley:

I suppose in terms of track time it's probably good value for money then for the drivers. Are you doing it again next year I take it? I'd love to see a Dacia Sandero RS, somebody will do it eventually hahaha!!! :smiley:

A couple of years ago we saw some dacias racing at the ring, it was a series for, IIRC 14 year olds in a small booted dacia, they looked ok.

Two days later parked up at the public entrance was a plain white dacia race car, after looking around it, we found out it had all the running gear from the last shaped clio cup car complete with sequential gearbox. i think it was russian.

It looked ace, i took some pics but cant seem to find them, might have been on the old computer, i;ll have a better look for them.

^^ Thats the ones.

Could'nt find my pics, must be on the old computer, found this i thought'd i'd lost though. :smiley:

16991_4311099948009_2089042688_n.jpg

What do the teams get out of it? There must be a good financial benefit? I ask because I've watched most rounds this year and the crowds seem to be so small at some of the venues, it barely seems worth the effort of shipping everything about etc.. Don't get me wrong there's been some great racing, it just puzzles me how it all works as a stand alone event/championship series. Is it mainly down to exposure for the drivers or is there good rewards in terms of sponsorship etc. for the teams?

Because the running fees in Eurocup and WSR is ridiculous compared to National or NEC. The season fees of all drivers are higher and therefore every driver in Megane, FR2.0, Clio Eurocup and WSR pays for the venue costs as well as marketing travel. As for all other travel, it's up to teams for that, and remember - driver pays everything :smile:

But I'm sure the budgets won't have changed that much, so the teams end up getting slightly less profit out of it. Although with the increased costs of a new car last year we may have got away with upping the budget. I know a one day test budget went up a few thousand. Nearly £20k for one day now!!

Mental!!

A couple of years ago we saw some dacias racing at the ring, it was a series for, IIRC 14 year olds in a small booted dacia, they looked ok.

Two days later parked up at the public entrance was a plain white dacia race car, after looking around it, we found out it had all the running gear from the last shaped clio cup car complete with sequential gearbox. i think it was russian.

It looked ace, i took some pics but cant seem to find them, might have been on the old computer, i;ll have a better look for them.

Found em.

ring_oldtrip172_zps750b745e.jpg

ring_oldtrip173_zps1e087aad.jpg

And these 197's from a VLN race.

aiptekcamera061_zps329bd4fd.jpg

aiptekcamera050_zps2263fadd.jpg

But I'm sure the budgets won't have changed that much, so the teams end up getting slightly less profit out of it. Although with the increased costs of a new car last year we may have got away with upping the budget. I know a one day test budget went up a few thousand. Nearly £20k for one day now!!

Mental!!

Teams are charging 12k a day plus car rental - never mind the new car from last year. Plus it's the Circuit that makes the decision on whether try want the series. Guess BRDC didn't want the Renault Package the past two years. Think the next one will end up somewhere else IMO

I wish, it's 12k a day -

Friday - 12k plus car rental (6-8k)
Saturday - 12k plus rental
Sunday 12k plus rental

£52-60k a weekend

Plus any testing during the season, plus per season testing.

I don't think anyone pays per race!

it's a common way of paying for a season.

Means if you bin it, you only have to repay the damages and if you then can't afford the rest of the season, you can pay a leaving clause fee.

This year in Formula Ford, one of our drivers only did a part season - for that reason.

However, most drivers pay in 2 or 3 payments, or some in full (F1/NASCAR/LMS/ect.)

I'm doing a Motorsport Degree - can you guess? :smile:

Good lad! Lad in our team got offered a job there in BF3, but turned it down (don't even ask why?). Now he's still working in FF.

We all think he's retarded?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Gallery 8
jostheboss Motorsport 5
racer2011 Motorsport 15
Adrian Motorsport 10
Roy Motorsport 7