WSR @ Silverstone 25/26th Aug

Hi Guys, :thumbup1:

I know alot of you on here including myself like attending the Renault World Series event at Silverstone.

I have been a couple of times and pleased to see it back at Silverstone for 2013, I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it's a nice hot day if not a mild but cloudy would even be good enough as long as it's nice rain, but you can never tell with the inconsistant weather we have had recently. :worried:

I am deffinately going. This will be my first year I have attended with my Clio 197 as I didn't have it last season.

Tickets aren't available yet as the series has still got to go to Moscow Raceway yet but I'll keep close tabs on the tickets.

Who else is going and how do we get a forum space allocated inside the grounds like what normally happens where you see loads of RS models in a group?

I don't normally go on both days but I have got to collect a few things from Grand Prix Racewear on the Saturday as it's not open on Sunday the race day so i'll see you around throughout the whole wkend.

http://www.worldseriesbyrenault.fr/en/calendar/silverstone/Pages/Default.aspx

Cheers,

Chris :smile: :driveby: :smile:

What do u mean it's not world series Renault event it's same as previous years. Tickets are free like last time, u just apply for how many you need with the maximum you are allowed being 5 tickets.

Its not, they cancelled the wsr this year at silverstone, that is just the formula renault 3.5 championship under a different event, even the site states it doesnt supply tickets for this event

I used to race with Will Stevens in karting, didn't know he was up to 3.5

But yes, as said above, it says on the site "World Series by Renault don't sell tickets on this event."

I used to race with Will Stevens in karting, didn't know he was up to 3.5

But yes, as said above, it says on the site "World Series by Renault don't sell tickets on this event."

I used to race with Sam Bird's brother in karting, and got to know Sam well he's (Mercedes Benz Petronas F1 test driver) and now in World Series 3.5 after spending 2 seasons in GP2.

I'll check out the website now. Cheers for clarifying about the tickets.

I see what you guys mean now. Renault World Series 3.5 is supporting the FIA World Endurance Championships. I may go weather depending as i've never been to watch the World Endurance Championship racing before so it'll be a different experience. :smile: It'll be good to see Ferrari's 458's 450 Scuderia, LMP1 LMP2 Le Man cars, Porsche's blast around the track. :smile:

I used to race with Sam Bird's brother in karting, and got to know Sam well he's (Mercedes Benz Petronas F1 test driver) and now in World Series 3.5 after spending 2 seasons in GP2.

I'll check out the website now. Cheers for clarifying about the tickets.

Crazy how times change and people move on, I also used to race James Calado who's now in GP2, Alex Brundle (Martins son) who did le mans and races GP3, Henry Surtees and a couple of other GP3 drivers. Its quite interesting to see them progress.

Its amazing how far you can get when you have pockets full of money/big sponsors. Will was sponsored by Trident and Hugo Boss whilst I was racing with him, you can't really compete.

What level did you get up to in Karting?

Last edited:
Crazy how times change and people move on, I also used to race James Calado who's now in GP2, Alex Brundle (Martins son) who did le mans and races GP3, Henry Surtees and a couple of other GP3 drivers. Its quite interesting to see them progress.

Its amazing how far you can get when you have pockets full of money/big sponsors. Will was sponsored by Trident and Hugo Boss whilst I was racing with him, you can't really compete.

What level did you get up to in Karting?

Will is now just sponsored by his dad!

I did the Surtees charity race on wed, against Bird, Calado, Turvey etc.

Showed Sam a thing or two - I assumed he couldn't reach the pedal!!

Love it how all the guys you mention have driven for my team :smile:

25th and 26th of August is the WEC series at Silverstone this year, i imagine it's a support race for that.

Yes it is mate and i'm going to it this weekend. Going on the saturday though as I need to get a few things from GPR race wear shop which is only open on saturdays and not on race days. R u goin?

Will is now just sponsored by his dad!

I did the Surtees charity race on wed, against Bird, Calado, Turvey etc.

Showed Sam a thing or two - I assumed he couldn't reach the pedal!!

Love it how all the guys you mention have driven for my team :smile:

You work for Carlin Motorsport then? As I know all of the 3 drivers have driven for Carlin.

Sam also raced with Fortec Motorsport in FBMW and F Renault 2.0 and Manor Competition in F3 Euroseries, before moving to teams based abroad.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Gallery 8
jostheboss Motorsport 5
jostheboss Motorsport 42
Adrian Motorsport 10
Roy Motorsport 7