Platinum Member
Following on from this thread.

These three waxes were posted:

£795 - Swissvax, Crystal Rock
£2100 - Swissvax, Your Exclusive Divine
£23230 - Brough & Howarth, Definitive Wax Marble

Then there's the wax I use:

£26 (but we'll call it £30) - Meguiars, Ultimate Wax Liquid

I am all for a mirror clean cars as much as the next guy. I'm even prepared so spend a few hundred getting my car seen to by a detailing expert... But £800+ wax?

For me to buy a £100 wax would be a 233% increase in cost. One could argue that the product quality would be 233% better, or thereabouts. No problem there.

Then £795 for wax would be a 700% increase from £100 wax.... Maybe, just maybe, you could justify a 700% increase in product quality there....

But £800 > £2100 would be another 160% increase on top of that?! Really?

And then from £2100 > £23,230 is still a 1006% increase in price.

How the hell can a wax be 1006% better than, what is, an already ridiculously priced wax?

Furthermore, what makes that £23k wax 77333% better than my £30 wax?

Is it really 77333% better?

Could one quantify 77333% increase in a cleaning product?

How would you even do that?

Is it a never-ending bottle?

When they say "wax" do they really mean "every four weeks a team of professionals will come and re-spray your car you in liquid gold paint whilst four of our finest (and scantily clad) lady friends help you "relax" whilst Tom Jones sings to you and serves the best wine, grapes and cheese"?

That's just absurd - for £23k I would buy another two used Clios, get them resprayed in custom colours and wet sanded by a detailing Guru like Russ.

I'd use the change to go on holiday in Europe and then some.

Now, I'm no expert on this so forgive me if I am I being a little ignorant, but can anyone say these more expensive (£800+) waxes are really worth it?

Or is it just like expensive golf clubs? :wink:

Last edited:
Lol! Ridiculous prices!

I think the latter two are reserved for gazillionaire epic car collecters who have money to piss away.

The £800 wax isn't for average joe (unless he's a baller) it's more for business use (detailing companies etc)

I think the £800 wax makes your car waterproof lol... So it takes a load of time off cleaning :tongueout:

lol this has been debated on Detailing World for years, in my opinion its not worth it and I would rather spend less money on a supper sealant.

But people justify it by the "free" refills that end up costing almost £100 because you have to send the pot back to the USA.

Each to their own and all that.

As I pointed out on the other thread, if you can afford a £1m car, what is 2 or 22k for a wax.

If I had a mega car collection worth millions of pounds, id probably have a full time detailer keeping them immaculate, that much already invested whats 20k on some wax?

I don't think its about the wax being xxx times better than a cheaper alternative, its about giving a customer who is passionate about cars the 'ultimate' product to complement their 'ultimate' car collection, a big part of the price I'm sure is the service and care you get when buying that wax - Im sure its tailor made to suit your cars, hand delivered ect

Last edited:
I'd rather spend 30 grand on getting Keira Knightly*to wax my car with Tuttle Wax wearing nothing more than a bikini.

If people are stupid enough to pay it then well played to the companies who make the stuff :smile:

It's definitely a case of diminishing returns. Just like a ~£1,000,000 Veyron isn't 1,000 times better than a ~£1,000 old BMW.

...at the end of the day, if you use your car on the road its gonna get dirty and anything more that a £50 tub of wax is a waste of money....even if I was a multi billionaire I wouldn't pay that sort of money its obscene

for £23k id want keira knightly coated in the wax, then forced (at gunpoint if needed) to rub herself over the car until I was satisfied. Then it might be money well spent.

I've got a plan, buy some of the £795 wax, put it in my own branded tin and sell it some muppet for £19.995 and tell them it's the best thing since sliced bread.