9 hours...what I did with my bank holiday Monday

Ashton

200T Test Pilot
Platinum Member
Today was the day I was going to give the car a bit of a clean....ok, a "bit" turned into a full overhaul

Storm grey is a great colour to not clean very often as it hides so much dirt but It was doing my head in not seeing clean.

So after a lay-in and some frosties I set about it.

First off, was the wheels as usual.....apart from I took them off. I wanted to try the new Diablo gel from Chemical Guys. All I can say is awesome. It actually sticks to the wheels instead of just running off (was used diluted 3:1). My Billberry is now redundant

518sd1.jpg

ehpbb.jpg

While they were off I gave the arch-liners a good clean with APC

Back on with the wheels and rinsed off the body with cool water to release some of the loose dirt.

Out came the jet wash and snowfoam. For this I used Valet Pro PHneutral (and Iron-X snow soap)

axmsna.jpg

2 bucket method next with Chemical Guys Glossworks shampoo. Again great stuff. Very slippy

Rinsed again and the went at it with a CG medium clay bar (green) with Auto Finesse Glide clay soap. Then when to fine clay (yellow). Rinsed again to keep car cool and washed again with same 2 bucket method as before

Next came the Iron-X. I need to get some more but the last of it did the job for the tiny bits of fallout that I missed. Again it was washed and rinsed after

Emma helped me dry the car and it took no time at all - Just need to get the interior all spik span now. I'll let Emma loose with the Dyson

Once all was dry I masked up ready for the DAS-Pro Dual Action with the Megs mircofibre correction setup. Makes life so much easier without going into the minefield of complicated pad/polish combos. This stage took about 3 hours. 2 passes with the correction compound and 1 pass with the finnishing glaze.

2yv9t3c.jpg

Tyres were treated using kleers nano

Last of all was a light coat of Dodo Juice Red Mist just to add a layer of protection.

s5wzeg.jpg

2rwui3a.jpg

2roont4.png

Really happy with the outcome. Also added a couple a decals in time for How Fast (or How Last as I will become to be known) on Saturday :smile:

2ldby2x.jpg

Also managed to get a little video of my Akrapovic/crackle map now I have ny suction mount for my GoPro 3. I'll upload it when Emma sorts her laptop out

Thanks for reading

A

Last edited:
Nice work Kenny

All in vain though!!

You're still gonna get covered in my tyre pebbles :innocent:

Told you this already. I'm just aiming for the wooden spoon. Lol

Anyway ur tyre pebbles won't stick to my paint. It's smooth as silk baby

Hmm, id best find some stickier rubber!!

Looking good tho mate

Who knows may even tempt my grumpy old ass towards a 200!!

I had the union jack graphics made up fir me by Crystal Clear in Southampton.

Thanks for the comments. Mind you I have just woke up and I ache....so bad

Offset of the Ultraleggeras ar -55. No spacers at all. It is however on KW V3's

I've got the same wheels but havnt got any red writing on them like yours .

I had them made up

the ones that come with the wheels are bit naff and could hardly see them. i wanted something a bit more visable

:smile: