91w conti's no longer being made?

Hey all,

Couple months back I fitted some OEM conti 3's.

One suffered a blow out on the motorway so I started to look for a replacement. I checked camskill who were out of stock. I pinged them a mail to ask when they were getting more in and they said they didn't think they were.

I then tried a local chap who phoned his supplied and who said the 91w contisport 3's have stopped being made and they are onto conti 5's now, which have a diff tread pattern.

So, two questions :smile:

Is this true? And would fitting an 87w conti sport 3 to partner the 91w I have on the front be okay!?

Cheers folks :smile:

They were but I thought they stopped doing them 2 yr ago and went to 91w???

It's all a bit confusing really :smile:

Fundamentally though I should be okay to have a 91w mixed with an 87w on the front and not suffer any I'll consequences - correct?

Thanks for all the replies so far :smile:

When did they stop making them?
I got a new set of C3 91w last month,
they didnt have any on the shelf so they ordered them in and 2 days later they fitted them.

I'm not sure, the chap just said his contact at Conti said that they stopped and are now making the CS5's instead. I should point out that I'm talking specifically about the CS3 91W's not the 87's.

I'll throw an 87 on the front to partner the 91, ideally I'd order tow the same but the 197 is due it's belt service next month as well as it's MOT so I'd rather just get one tyre and save some money, the other kicker is that the 91 on the front still has aroun 7mm tread so I don't want to just throw it away.

Cheers all :smile:

Id swap them round so you have 2 the same on the front and the mixed on the rear. When you get the funds to get another matching tyre you can keep the odd one as a spare.
2 reasons for putting the mixed tyes on the rear,
The front takes more load so best keeping the same load rating on the front and id rather have a rear tyre fail than a front at speed.
TBH the differance between the 91w and 87 is minimal so shouldn't make a major differance.

It's all a bit confusing really :smile:

Fundamentally though I should be okay to have a 91w mixed with an 87w on the front and not suffer any I'll consequences - correct?

Thanks for all the replies so far :smile:

Won't be a problem. 87 is the OE load rating I have always been led to believe and having a mixed load rating of 91 and 87 is fine. Your not going lower than the specified tyre load. More important to have 4 good tyres with plenty of tread and the right pressure!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
luke197 Wheels and Tyres 9