Alien Green 200 Cup *** New AG 200 (number 3) from page 85***

Excuse the thumb:

8662264833_e2bd6017b8_b.jpg

Today has been a good day for the green one. The new wheels (OZ Ultraleggeras) and tyres (Yoko A048s) came this morning. Also just picked her up from having the exhaust done.

Its ever so slightly louder when driving normally but right on song when giving it some. Dunno what is sounds like externally but it sounds superb from inside.

Same wheels, same colour. The real reason I went for them is that the front 2 wheels currently on the car are quite badly kerbed. And thought instead of buying half a set of wheels to replace them save for a wee bit longer and get a full set.

Managed to remove the cold air feed blank this evening. Didnt take the whole bumper off, just peel back the top of the bumper to get my hands in (Which are now missing a layer of skin on the back of) and remove the blank. Though it did need some force to GTF.

A pic of said blank:

8663933410_aba13ccc51_b.jpg

Unboxed my nice new wheels and tyres as I was struggling for space in the garage with them sitting in the boxes (Didnt help that I had a box for a Wendy house in there either lol).

Pic of said wheels:

8662833647_f396943984_b.jpg

Gonna put them of at some point this weekend in order to sorta run them in before Knockhill on Thursday evening.

I've finally caught up on this thread and its taken me a while.
Have to say perfect car with perfect modifications and drove like it should be :smile:

I've finally caught up on this thread and its taken me a while.
Have to say perfect car with perfect modifications and drove like it should be :smile:

The thread has got quite long I must admit lol. I am a bit of a pic whore so do like to post 'em up.

Managed to put the new wheels on today in preparation for running them in a bit before Knockhill on Thursday. Tomorrow's job, should the rain stay away, is to give her a good clean as she's currently a nice shade of brown.

Not good news on the exhaust front unfortunately. Will be getting the Akrapovic silenced section back in next week at some point. Why?

There is now a horrendous flat spot from 2.5-3.5k revs. It's bad on part throttle but shocking on full. Also, the nice meaty sound I was getting just after it was fitted has turned into a drone and is shockingly loud @ motorway speeds and any time more than half throttle is applied.

So it'll be doing Knockhill on Thursday evening, though I'm gonna have to wear ear plugs as it really is that loud. At least I gave it a go but clearly Akrapovic know what they are doing when designing an exhaust.

Great set Noddie, tyres + wheels, awesome. Any info regarding the cold air feed blank? Any benefits?

the nice meaty sound I was getting just after it was fitted has turned into a drone and is shockingly loud @ motorway speeds and any time more than half throttle is applied.

But why didn't you have the drone in the first place, after removing the middle section? Any chance the rear boxes have been damaged due to the lack of middle silencer? The gradual change of sound would worry me tbh.

Last edited:
Not good news on the exhaust front unfortunately. Will be getting the Akrapovic silenced section back in next week at some point. Why?

There is now a horrendous flat spot from 2.5-3.5k revs. It's bad on part throttle but shocking on full. Also, the nice meaty sound I was getting just after it was fitted has turned into a drone and is shockingly loud @ motorway speeds and any time more than half throttle is applied.

So it'll be doing Knockhill on Thursday evening, though I'm gonna have to wear ear plugs as it really is that loud. At least I gave it a go but clearly Akrapovic know what they are doing when designing an exhaust.

did say it would be loud, and might even be too loud for the DB limit

Nooo. This is not good news for me. I was so tempted to do mine

Gutted to hear this mate

Similar Thread Suggestions