Anyone ever had a race with Mini Cooper S 180hp one?

I did I week or two ago, they aren't up to much, easily beat it! Which was surprising as I thought they were meant to be quick!
anyone ever had a go at civic type Rs??

Wouldn't so much as call it a race, but i've had a a spirited drive against a mates FN2 Type R, very similar in terms of straight line, Clio easily better in corners. He's since moved onto owning a 350z, lol

Wouldn't so much as call it a race, but i've had a a spirited drive against a mates FN2 Type R, very similar in terms of straight line, Clio easily better in corners. He's since moved onto owning a 350z, lol

Yeah the 350z would be a little faster than the clio lol!

Me neither. Need to be at three figure speeds before there's any noticeable difference from what I've experienced.

I had a few friendly go's with a convertible one before. Didn't seem to be much in it really, didn't do the twisty's with it though.

A mildly tuned cooper s will catch you out on a long straight. Them supercharged lumps can really pack a punch so be warned!

Civic type Rs aren't all that but I've seen a few boosted ones cropping up around my way, they are drag weapons!

As above type r's are about the same in a straight line, still beat em tho lol, as for mini cooper, the clio leaves it for dead.

Unless like ben says its tuned, I have been caught out by that

Last edited:
A mildly tuned cooper s will catch you out on a long straight. Them supercharged lumps can really pack a punch so be warned!

Civic type Rs aren't all that but I've seen a few boosted ones cropping up around my way, they are drag weapons!

I drove a FN2 with a Jackson Racing Supercharger, CAIK, and a Spoon N1 Exhaust and it was mental

was just over 310BHP but screamed its knackers off. power was so smooth and linear and all this on standard intenals as they are semi forged anyway

Was screaming for a LSD or ATB tho

downside was it went rubber fatser than........ a...........er....... rubber eating mosnter.

I've had a traffic light gp with a cooper s, and spanked it, type r was on par when I've had a play with one or two before!

The EP3 in standard untuned guise is nowhere near as quick as the 197, forgot to mention that in previous post.

As for the 350z, i've been a passenger several times in it and it seems so quick compared to my 197. Probably because everything seems quicker as a passenger lol.

surprised about the 350z? thought they were faster!! what about the older civic vti's?? seen a video of one beating a 197, raced one that had some mods exhaust, intake and it was pretty even to 60, but after that the clio pulled away, especially over 100 mph.

I used to have a 197 and now have an EP3, in my opinion the brakes and handling are better in the Clio but the Civic pulls stronger.

I used to have a 197 and now have an EP3, in my opinion the brakes and handling are better in the Clio but the Civic pulls stronger.

The EP3 definitely has the legs over 70 for some reason good engines tbh, handles well but not quite as sharp as the Clio.

Shame there couldnt be a joint venture, Honda engine/g.box + Renault chassis would be amazing.

Missing one key component.....depends who's behind the wheel!!!!

indeed it is!

The EP3 definitely has the legs over 70 for some reason good engines tbh, handles well but not quite as sharp as the Clio.

Shame there couldnt be a joint venture, Honda engine/g.box + Renault chassis would be amazing.

always said this would be "the" ultimate hothatch....