Back In

They were all way before i lost confidence in the car.

You had your brakes sorted under warranty after hours of abuse on track...a million times more aggressive than me the beginner thats for sure.

So, were you covered under warranty?

Car wise as i know you were looking at a BMWs?

I have brough a serious race car and a golf to potter about in for now :smile:

Picked car up last thursday after the 'bodge'.

Nearly died on the way home from the fumes from the bonding agent. Lovely Renault job, pulled carpet back to see what they've done and you can see where the mechanic has wiped the bond off his fingers over the floor. Luckily under the carpet but would you expect anything more from them?

Was given the weekend to test and report back. Good job i wasnt holding my breath, the knock is still there....

Back on the blower to see whats next.

Apparently now a case is open (for the 3rd time) they should start to be able to get parts off Renault to start replacing.

Picked car up last thursday after the 'bodge'.

Nearly died on the way home from the fumes from the bonding agent. Lovely Renault job, pulled carpet back to see what they've done and you can see where the mechanic has wiped the bond off his fingers over the floor. Luckily under the carpet but would you expect anything more from them?

Was given the weekend to test and report back. Good job i wasnt holding my breath, the knock is still there....

Back on the blower to see whats next.

Apparently now a case is open (for the 3rd time) they should start to be able to get parts off Renault to start replacing.

what a joke and been an utter waste of time and effort on all sides....

Indeed.

I shall continue.

Just phoned Service Manager and he will report back to Renault. See where it goes from there.

I love this. Conversation between me and many people.

"Car goes back into Renault tonight"
"Again?! WTF has gone wrong now. About time you got rid isnt it?"
"Well its not a case of whats gone wrong now, its a case of whats still wrong"

Car has been faultless for a while...OTHERTHAN this ongoing issue lol

Jesus bet your getting fed up with all this? I know I'm getting peed off with the knocking on mine, I had lower links replaced, which helped the loud knocking but there's still a faint knock, and my steering is screeching now!

It's a little tiresome Luke, but im determined to win lol...stupidity?

Drove into work today. Drove like a dream for 20mins and then something changed, drives asif theres a flat tyre but all pressures are fine. Doesnt centre, pulls slightly, numb steering....bloody weird.

Its asif the rack moves slightly, causing it all to bind up causing heavy steering and not feeling direct. Hummmmmmm lol

Went to jabbasport today to investigate with a mate

The results...proof surely?!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WKM8YpdJTA[/YOUTUBE]

Mr Marshall,
When you contacted me in February regarding the continued problems with your Clio, I explained the simple process we need to follow to get to the route of the problem and wanted to do everything we could to help resolve your problems.

I expressed my concern over your visits to various different garages having the problem looked at which has muddied the water.
Previously you were convinced it was a problem with the assistance level supplied by the column itself and the wheel might be loose. Both of the issues were shown to be normal operation when compared with a new car.

We have now embarked on the process to get to the bottom of the problem in a professional and warrantable way only to find that you are again having the car looked at and dismantled by other garages. As I explained in my original email this hinders our repair process and is totally unnecessary. Listening to other so called experts clouds our judgement and wastes our time which could be better spent looking after our customers.

You ask how much more you will have to go through to convince Renault that the rack is ‘shot’…..You don’t have to go through anything. You don’t have to keep taking your car to other garages, we were dealing with the problem and have escalated the issue to the technical department who would have given us each operation they wanted carrying in turn to ensure correct repair of the car and to fully understand exactly what has caused the problem.

In light of this, I don’t see how we can continue the repair process on your Clio.

Looks like i'll be doing it off my own back afterall

Looks like i'll be doing it off my own back afterall

i think thats just a cop out to be honest!!!

why do they need to follow renault technical - is the garage not capable of making an informed decission on what he fault is????

not only that should it really take this long...

tell them you want the steering sorted pronto and to stop messing you around - ask what the exculation/complaints process is!!!

Had this kind of response from Renault before - be persistent mate! It pays off.

Same symptoms on my car which has been in at BTM for over a week now, Renault couldn't diagnose a fault on mine, but Fred agreed it wasn't right after half a mile of driving lol. Hopefully you'll have more luck.