Been offered an R32 for my 197 + £..

I wanted a R32 until I test drove them. Now I wouldn't have one around me, I was so disappointed with it. So much so I though the first one I drove was broke so I drove two more and they were all the same disappointingly slow over priced hatchback as the first one. They feel soooooo slow and offer nothing over a Golf GTi other than increased running costs across the board (insurance, tax, fuel, servicing, tyres etc). The DSG box was ok for a while but you soon leave it in auto and forget the paddles. They are no where near as fun as the Clio and parts are stupidly expensive. Yes they sound good but it's not worth all the down sides, well it wasn't for me anyway hence I bought my 200.

I think the Gti and R32 are completely different animals TBH. The Golf is lighter, and in Ed30 spec with some cheap mods probably the quicker. BUT, the R32 is a different sort of fun, its not all about raw pace its about the 4WD and that V6. Also they're great fun in the snow :smiley:

Fair say.. I'm looking at this strictly as an investment though.. The R32 would collect easily £8.5k, whilst the Clio barely £4k now..

In that case, you may as well crack on and do it. Then after a few months if you dont like the Golf flog it and buy a 200 with the money you made :smiley:

What's the book price at the moment and what will it be worth in six months time ????

These were 25k brand new and currently based on a good private sale I could get 8.5, 8.7 for it.. my Clio on the other hand, pennies...

6 months, it'll have probably lost 600-800 I would have thought based on having another owner?

Well go for it what's a £100 a month give or take what's the running costs like and are their any belts and tyres due

Well the insurance was £100 a year which is nothing.. running costs, can't imagine it to be much worse round town than the Clio.. bet if you belt it it'll drink though.. I was told by a mate who had one that I'll get 29MPG on a decentish run which is what my Clio get's to be fair.

Belt's done, tyres aren't due for a good 6k.

Similar Thread Suggestions