beep on start up?

i'm not sure if 197's do this. but on my 200 when you put the ignition back on from a stop start situation, i.e stopping for petrol. It beeps, its obviously nothing to worry about but i'm just curious to see if anybody knows why it does this? lol:confused1:

Mine makes an odd "double beep" when i get into it some times? Is this the same thing?

You mean when you open the door? Thats because it was opened too fast and it didn't like it!? :001_rolleyes: French!

no beeps when doors are opened, only when the ignition is switched on from a restart. its as if its saying "yea i'm still warm so keep that right foot planted!"

That might be it you know.

It only makes that noise if I drive it somewhere,
Get out and lock it.
Jump back in after a few mins.

Maybe just to say it's already upto temp.

That might be it you know.

It only makes that noise if I drive it somewhere,
Get out and lock it.
Jump back in after a few mins.

Maybe just to say it's already upto temp.

Yeah i can vouch for the that...

Mine only does it, if i leave it come back shortly after, such as nipping into the shop? :001_unsure:

I've never noticed it to be honest!:mellow: So I am not sure if it does it or not! I think I better start paying more attention to what sounds it makes rather than the speedo! Lol :w00t:

Yeah i can vouch for the that...

Mine only does it, if i leave it come back shortly after, such as nipping into the shop? :001_unsure:

Exactly that happened today.

Drove to Gregg's.
Jumped back in with a chicken bake and pizza slice.
'Beep'.

Exactly that happened today.

Drove to Gregg's.
Jumped back in with a chicken bake and pizza slice.
'Beep'.

I like the detail you went into with your purchase there :smiley: and now im hungry :worried:

Perhaps the car was also approving...

Even took a cheeky picture for teh lulz

35123487.jpg

Was MEGA!

Also went to the petrol station on the way home from work for the weekly rape of VPower.
I can confirm it beeped. Must do it to say it's upto temp.
Wooop.

I remember the 5th gear test of the 197 Cup vs Mini S
Platton pulling the handbrake up and the car starts beeping like crazy.
I physically couldn't do it, too anal about the thing.