Bulb gone...

Last night I noticed one of my headlights has gone out. I bought some mtec bulbs not long ago and never got them fitted, but halfords are asking a fortune because they need to take the bumper off... Is everywhere going to want to take the bumper off or does anyone know anywhere who will wangle it in?

You can but if you value your knuckles your best just doing the bumper. You will be able to get it off in less than 10 minutes its only a few nuts. 2 at the bottom, 1 either side of the wheel arch. Theres a how to somewhere.

It is possible to do it without taking the bumper off.

To the right of the battery is the butterfly resonator (think that's what its called) That can be removed easily to allow better access to the passenger side bulbs. It's still tight but do-able.

Drivers side in my opinion is the easiest.

Check these threads for help

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?4783-200-bulb-change-made-easy

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?15-how-to-access-standard-headlight-bulb-passenger-side

[url]http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?27322-How-to-change-ALL-the-front-bulbs-on-a-197-amp-200-(inc-projectors-)
[/URL]

If you were close id say pop round and ill do it for you, takes about 30secs

Drivers side is easy to get to, just unclip the washer fluid thing and that gives enough room.

Passenger side unscrew the air in take thing on the right (two bolts holding it on) and slide it out the rubber tubing, youll then have enough room

Do it yourself, it's quite fun for the first 5 minutes :smile:

As mentioned above; drivers side is easiest, just unclip and pull up the washer fluid neck. Passenger side is the worst, I took off the battery covers, air filter cover and the air intake pipe bit.

Feel around, pull electrical wiring clip off the bulb, then pull bulb out, then push new bulb back in (don't touch the glass) and push electrical clip back on.

IMO dipped beam bulbs seem easier to change than main..

Thanks for the help fellas! I'm guna get a socket set and go for it tommorow. Will be dark in about an hour! I've got some sidelight bulbs aswell, might aswell try and do them at the same time. Are they easy too?

And I'm really confused when I look at the lights.. I think the previous owner fitted aftermarket sidelights which aren't very bright but white.. High beams are blue bulbs and bright.. Then normal beam are the factory fitted bulbs. I dunno if he got bored half way through changing them all?

Thanks for the help fellas! I'm guna get a socket set and go for it tommorow. Will be dark in about an hour! I've got some sidelight bulbs aswell, might aswell try and do them at the same time. Are they easy too?

I find all the bulbs easy to do, once you've done it once its a doddle. Annoying you arent closer, as said, id suggest to pop over, take me a minute to do it all and you'll also then have an idea of how :smile: Durham is a bit far to travel from though!

Have to make sure the bulbs clip back in properly (which can sometimes be fiddly) otherwise youll have a bulb pointing at the sky :smiley: (happened to me at first and i was lighting up the roofs of houses lol

Got them done, only took about 20-25 mins. Guide was really helpful! New ones are much brighter and white aswell :smile: loving the new car mind Stevo!

And I've knocked some little black bendy plastic straw ****ty tube thing loose but I haven't a clue what that is... Just a little closer to the front of the car than the battery, right infront of battery? Above the 3rd cover you remove

Hi mate I have fitted headlight bulbs countless times to my 197 and I do it with the bumper on. Its tight but can be done. On the n/s you as the other boys said just take the intake trumpet off and you can get it.

Paddy I followed it step for step and it was great. I've never even looked down there before and sorted it in 20/25 mins :smile:

ive got some led501 sidelights aswell, but I plugged one in to the power and nothing was on.. But the lights look weird they aren't bulbs? Just left the other ones in for now until I have more time to fiddle around

Paddy I followed it step for step and it was great. I've never even looked down there before and sorted it in 20/25 mins :smile:

ive got some led501 sidelights aswell, but I plugged one in to the power and nothing was on.. But the lights look weird they aren't bulbs? Just left the other ones in for now until I have more time to fiddle around

if the side lights didnt work, take them out and put them in the other way. some show a + and - on them, others dont