Clio turbo

Anyone had any work done by Clio turbo or heard any feedback about them I have been looking at the turbo kit they do for the mk3

Andy Greer of ClioTurbo is very well respected and knows his Renault onions.

You'll not go wrong getting any work done by them.

Are they doing a turbo kit for the mk3? Any details on that?

Ye I believe so there is more info on there website it looks like a better option than the Meg conversion they have 3 stages the 3rd stage is around 320 bhp for 5 grand forged rods and Pistons im pretty interested

mine should be ready next week i went for the stage 2 kit for my 197 Andy knows his stuff but ill let ya know what its like next week

well hes had the car now for about 4 weeks he said when we started it would take 5 weeks so hes on track and stage 3 is over 300bhp and with out an LSD wheel spin wud be a problem plus its another £1000 lol

wow how come this hasn't been around this forum then? I had a look on their website but couldn't find any relevant info. What is the story with stage 1/2?

Please share any updates thanks

Be interesting this. Can't remember who I spoke to but they said it generally wasn't a good idea to turbo the 197/200 engine. - Damn, that's going to bug me.

well hes had the car now for about 4 weeks he said when we started it would take 5 weeks so hes on track and stage 3 is over 300bhp and with out an LSD wheel spin wud be a problem plus its another £1000 lol

What sort of power are you expecting for stage 2? The website is quite basic on the info.

Be interesting this. Can't remember who I spoke to but they said it generally wasn't a good idea to turbo the 197/200 engine. - Damn, that's going to bug me.

I've read the same! Seems to be the general consensus that you can't turbo them very well...

wow how come this hasn't been around this forum then? I had a look on their website but couldn't find any relevant info. What is the story with stage 1/2?

Please share any updates thanks

they did have a advert on eBay that gave you more details but it doesn't seem to be on now. I think the stage 2 is around 250-280 from what I can remember and stage 1 220-240 around that anyway

To be fair, if you go for stage 3 with the forged pistons and rods, I'm fairly certain it will be decently reliable (depending on whether you drive it like you steal it 100% of the time or not).

£5k doesn't seem all bad for 120-140+ BHP... Considering some spend £1k on 10-20BHP for Cams etc...

Clio turbo mostly do 182 and 172 but after more interest they started doing 197 conversions mine will be the 4th 197 hes done without using the meg lump and the outcome has been MEGA stage 1 gets you 230bhp stage 2 280 stage 3 330bhp prices are the same as the website just have to add in the cost of a custom manifold Mr tom on here has been to see Andy he had the stage 2 looks mint he mite be able to shed some more light on it

Clio turbo mostly do 182 and 172 but after more interest they started doing 197 conversions mine will be the 4th 197 hes done without using the meg lump and the outcome has been MEGA stage 1 gets you 230bhp stage 2 280 stage 3 330bhp prices are the same as the website just have to add in the cost of a custom manifold Mr tom on here has been to see Andy he had the stage 2 looks mint he mite be able to shed some more light on it

Figures sound tasty! I'd much rather turbo my own engine than pour money into a used Meg engine with no idea of its history. Also I guess there's less wiring involved having to hack together a meg and clio loom.

Wonder why it isn't common for companies to offer turbo kits for the 197/200. I seem to remember one company (maybe ktec) starting a low pressure turbo kit but the price wasn't worth the increase.

Figures sound tasty! I'd much rather turbo my own engine than pour money into a used Meg engine with no idea of its history. Also I guess there's less wiring involved having to hack together a meg and clio loom.

Wonder why it isn't common for companies to offer turbo kits for the 197/200. I seem to remember one company (maybe ktec) starting a low pressure turbo kit but the price wasn't worth the increase.

Totally agree. My engine is practically brand new. Don't like the idea of trying to find a crashed megane to put that engine in mine. Would rather have the pistons and rods changed in my own engine as I know wall wear is minimal.

£5k is actually a decent price...