Clio turbo

If the stage 3 kit can give around 320bhp for £5k, I don't think thats too bad. You'd struggle to do the same for less with a meg engine from what i've read.

Plus that price is fully fitted isn't it? Including engine strip down and build inc new bearings, new turbo, new pistons - Sounds really good price wise to me!

it is a good price considering Ktec racing wanted £7000 for the lot same for the meg conversation too plus you get to keep your engine that extra £2000 is for fact Ktec racing do it

I wouldbe interested in something like stage 1 tbh. Not after stupid power but focusing on delivery instead making it as close to a NA as possible (like the Megane 225 kind of). Small turbo, low boost, mid range torque while keeping the revs etc, now that would be ideal...

I'd have to fire these guys an email..

If the stage 3 kit can give around 320bhp for £5k, I don't think thats too bad. You'd struggle to do the same for less with a meg engine from what i've read.

Plus that price is fully fitted isn't it? Including engine strip down and build inc new bearings, new turbo, new pistons - Sounds really good price wise to me!

You may have misunderstood my comment, quite right mate 5k for 120bhp+ is incredible value IMO and makes even myself the last bastion of NA tuning think twice (for a couple of seconds anyway).

Good price. I think 250bhp is a perfect compromise. I ran 270bhp for a while and must admit balance was about right. Not convinced it needs 300+ Bhp other than bragging rights. I'm planning to be able to run variable boost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jminkley
You may have misunderstood my comment, quite right mate 5k for 120bhp+ is incredible value IMO and makes even myself the last bastion of NA tuning think twice (for a couple of seconds anyway).

Ahh Right yeah I took it the other way haha

Good price. I think 250bhp is a perfect compromise. I ran 270bhp for a while and must admit balance was about right. Not convinced it needs 300+ Bhp other than bragging rights. I'm planning to be able to run variable boost.

I guess with the stage 3 you get the boost controller, so you could run it at lower boost most of the time and turn it up when your out for a drive or on track, thats the appeal of stage 3 to me. Although I think an LSD would probably be needed at this stage, so there another grand there...

Ahh Right yeah I took it the other way haha

I guess with the stage 3 you get the boost controller, so you could run it at lower boost most of the time and turn it up when your out for a drive or on track, thats the appeal of stage 3 to me. Although I think an LSD would probably be needed at this stage, so there another grand there...

Agree however tbh, it drives better at 250 - 270bhp anyway imo.

I wouldbe interested in something like stage 1 tbh. Not after stupid power but focusing on delivery instead making it as close to a NA as possible (like the Megane 225 kind of). Small turbo, low boost, mid range torque while keeping the revs etc, now that would be ideal...

I'd have to fire these guys an email..

Fairly certain they do low boost, high boost settings with a little hand held device that you can buy. If you're stage three I assume that it will be 320bhp high boost, 230bhp low boost. At least, that's what I would want anyway.