Corsa VXR Recaros fitted

Heppy997

Paid Member
Managed to pick up a pair of immaculate seats from a corsa VXR at a steal (£400!!) with the hope that they *might* be made to fit the Clio. They are fairly similar to the Renault Recaros i believe (although I've never looked at a pair) just a different fabric.

As the mounting pattern for the seats was specific to the Vauxhall Corsa, I didn't fancy spending £250+ on recaro subframes and runners which might or might not fit. So a quick trip to the local scrappers and managed to get a pair of seat runners from a 3dr clio and all the wiring connectors which id also need. All in about £15. Then just a case of making some brackets up to bolt the runners to the seats.

For the brackets i just used some 3mm thick 'U' section steel (£10 off ebay), marked and drilled the holes for the bolts each side. Pretty straight forward, just had to make sure the distance between the two runners was accurate otherwise they wouldn't line up with the holes in the car.

Trickiest bit was figuring out the wiring. First of all, as the seats had come from a vauxhall, all the connectors were different so they needed to be replaced with renault ones. Then resistors had to be added in place of the missing airbags, and the recaro airbag had to be soldered in. These seats also had pretensioners but the standard seats don't so i just left those unconnected.

Bit of a faff all in all but a cool little project, and its cost me less than £450 all in. Ive only installed the passenger seat at this point just to make sure everything works properly and no warning lights etc.

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4043-1.JPG
    IMG_4043-1.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_4044-1.JPG
    IMG_4044-1.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_4045-1.JPG
    IMG_4045-1.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 584
  • IMG_4047-1.JPG
    IMG_4047-1.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 596
  • IMG_4048-1.JPG
    IMG_4048-1.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Holy **** you got a bargain there! I've been after a set for a long time for my girlfriends Corsa. Nice to see something different, they're a nice looking seat.

yeah they were cheap. i was after some renault ones originally but for that price i thought it would be worth the effort to get them to fit lol

That's awesome! Good to see that if you're willing to put a little work in, you can get around the massive 'Recaro tax', especially on Renault specific stuff.

Looks good, I dare say the VXR seats might be comfier for day to day use than the Clio ones too... (awaits a bashing lol). In all seriousness though, I had a Corsa VXR for about a year and the seats were probably one of the best my ass has had the pleasure of sitting in. Hold you really well but proper comfy on a long run.

They seem pretty comfy. They also sit quite low when fitted, think I'm gonna have to put some spacers on the drivers one...

only thing with the cross recaros in the bolsters on the seat base don't hold you aswell as the sportster CS ones,

But for what you have paid and to have recaros, very well played :thumbup:

5f6928d728af0fd762d8c1c329fc77b8.jpgcea5b9325602a14f64297572b112672e.jpgf9d2832f55ed058fc8a0398567ab8295.jpgef3874191c0a7beb10ba64d9b5ffc430.jpg

Got the drivers seat fitted. All good thus far, no warning lights or airbags blowing my head off, I'm quite surprised lol. Turns out the seats also have height adjustment which is mint as I thought they were going to be too low. I've managed to retain the seat position sensor and seat belt sensor too. Great success!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really good job, bargain seat upgrade there, considering a leather set of clio recaros are 1.2k+++

Really good job, bargain seat upgrade there, considering a leather set of clio recaros are 1.2k+++

I was lucky to get them for £400, usual price on ebay is around £700 ish for these... but yeah still cheaper than renault ones.

I might get em retrimmed at some stage, quite fancy the fabric bit in the middle done in alcantara

Brill, coincidence but the day after you posted this up, a set came for sale through a mutual friend for £650 - excellent saving over the normal RUK ones. Although these were the Nurburgring edition ones, so obvious they came from a corsa.

I was lucky to get them for £400, usual price on ebay is around £700 ish for these... but yeah still cheaper than renault ones.

I might get em retrimmed at some stage, quite fancy the fabric bit in the middle done in alcantara
Sounds good! I'm having mine done at Edge automotive over the summer, not cheap though :bounce1:

Similar Thread Suggestions