Crank Pulley & Clutch line

EthanMenace

Paid Member
I was just checking over the engine in the crash damaged car and noticed two things and wondered if anyone could help

First the crank pulley has something coming out of the middle of it? It feels like just a bit of plastic but not sure if the whole thing needs to be replaced or if I can just pull this out?

IMG_4784.jpeg

IMG_4783.jpeg

Next I was looking at the clutch line and noticed it moves a lot, is this a normal amount of movement or is something broken here?

The grey bit is a membrane between the two masses of rubber. If it’s coming out then you should replace it. Yours looks worse than mine was:

f6d078982e459ebb2a6da0b1b7987117.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: EthanMenace
I have a lightweight pulley and you can certainly feel the engine rev faster (when not loaded) however lots of talk around the requirement for a damper on the crank. Some use a 1*2 pulley instead and then a stretch belt as this saves some weight and I think it’s what the racers have. Make sure you get a new bolt as well as it’s a TTY.

That movement is normal, you are basically holding the end of the slave.

05B06205-A8C5-4070-BE1C-24CA27461CC0.jpeg

I have a lightweight pulley and you can certainly feel the engine rev faster (when not loaded) however lots of talk around the requirement for a damper on the crank. Some use a 1*2 pulley instead and then a stretch belt as this saves some weight and I think it’s what the racers have. Make sure you get a new bolt as well as it’s a TTY.

That movement is normal, you are basically holding the end of the slave.

View attachment 153754

yeah i read similar things about concerns with the crankshaft twisting without the proper damping.

Thanks Liam