Cups first wash and wax after getting sprayed

Car looks superb. Still pondering weather to get my bump strips colour-coded. A 90% time though I prefer the cups black bump strips over the colour coded ones.

Car looks superb. Still pondering weather to get my bump strips colour-coded. A 90% time though I prefer the cups black bump strips over the colour coded ones.

ive actually been thinking the same i liked the contrast between white and black but i thought id like the white better im actually considering getting them carbon wrapped as i think that might look better

Not sure on the wrapping tbh. I think you'd have to get a glossy finish on the wrap to pull it off.

The black cup door handles also look much better than the silver FF efforts tbh.

Not sure on the wrapping tbh. I think you'd have to get a glossy finish on the wrap to pull it off.

The black cup door handles also look much better than the silver FF efforts tbh.

yea they do look better black. im gonna give the GW side strips a while to see if they grow on me i think im just too used to looking at the contrast of black and white

Looks good mate.

I think it depend on how the paint was cured, if it was baked and not air dried then no problem.

However its more the waxing than washing that should be avoided so I have been told, something to the with the solvents in the paint evaporating and if waxed it stops this from happening.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=23&t=213501

That thread is 7 years old and mainly refers to solvents, virtually all paint is water based now.

Last edited: