Current MK4 Progress Thread > soon to be in the 197 game

vwpassatmk4wagonwhitefi.jpg

Is this a Golf Estate with a Bora front end? Got any more pics?

I know the Vdub scene is all about stance...but yours just seems a little too low. Very nice alloys though. Jack it back up a bit and IMO it'll look so much better

I know the Vdub scene is all about stance...but yours just seems a little too low. Very nice alloys though. Jack it back up a bit and IMO it'll look so much better

I go to a few VAG shows and while quite low I think it's quite conservative compared to some of the cars that people put together.

Also not a massive fan of Mk4s prefer mk1-2 and mk5-6s but at least you didn't put porsche wheels on it :smile:

Quite like the wheels :smile: bit like the mo 5 comes though...

I like how low it is :smile: like the fact it's on bags too!! looking forward to seeing what you do with the clio.

cheers for the feedback guys -

I'm not entirely that keen on them myself since fitting the as they are not wide enough really but they will do as a set of winter wheels

:smile:

Don't have enough poke for me.
Need to have more poke and the car needs to be slightly higher and sat on the tyre rather than the wheel up in the arch.

Don't have enough poke for me.
Need to have more poke and the car needs to be slightly higher and sat on the tyre rather than the wheel up in the arch.

Totally with you on that one but its nice to have a set of wheels that tuck up in the arches for a change. The reason is because these wheels are only 8.5inches wide the other set which i have (split rims) are 10 inches wide and give awesome stance/stretch.

Still staying in the VW scene mate and keeping my dub - will never leave that but fancy a 197 aswell.

I have another PD130 golf as a daily which i am guna sell off soon.

Think the 197's look cool even though they are french!

I'm just the same mate. After a long line of Golfs I finally got a new S3 in 2007, kept that for 3 years (almost to the day) then got made redundant, so had to make do with an old Focus for a while, then a new Fiesta, and I've just traded both of those in for a 197.

Like has already been said, very different worlds, but I love them both for their own different reasons.

well havent updated this in a while!

still got my golf, cant stop modifying it and spending money on it!

trying to save for a new daily driver atm toss up between a mk5 edition 30 or e46 m3, sadly decided that these 2 were a better option for me than a clio 197

anyway update pics of my golf presently

05052012459.jpg

05052012461.jpg

Last edited: