Different gearknob pictures / links ?

Does anyone have any idea how "removable" the plastic RS dome logo is on top of the genuine Renaultsport knob? I don't mind if it breaks the dome piece, it will be going in the bin anyway.

I can get the dome made up no problem and fancy something custom. Obviously if it's going to be a total nightmare to get off (quite possibly) I'll have to give it a miss.

Be brave....attack now. And let us know how it all goes later on :smile:

"Plastic onto Aluminium".....can only be bonded / glued.

Does anyone have any idea how "removable" the plastic RS dome logo is on top of the genuine Renaultsport knob? I don't mind if it breaks the dome piece, it will be going in the bin anyway.

I can get the dome made up no problem and fancy something custom. Obviously if it's going to be a total nightmare to get off (quite possibly) I'll have to give it a miss.

Knowing Renault a bit of glue...

If not - dremel!!

Be brave....attack now. And let us know how it all goes later on :smile:

"Plastic onto Aluminium".....can only be bonded / glued.

Knowing Renault a bit of glue...

If not - dremel!!

A bit of coaxing, nice one guys, that's what I needed.

Just need to check it's ok with Mrs. M before I go ahead but it should look good.

Plan is, buy a genuine RS logo one, rip the top off and replace it with a new black dome with the old Renaultsport logo colour coded to the car.

A bit of coaxing, nice one guys, that's what I needed.

Just need to check it's ok with Mrs. M before I go ahead but it should look good.

Plan is, buy a genuine RS logo one, rip the top off and replace it with a new black dome with the old Renaultsport logo colour coded to the car.

As i said. You be guinea-pig. I'll be right behind you :smile:

****Seriously. Im with you. I got an RS one. But only because i couldnt find the older style logo brand new.

As i said. You be guinea-pig. I'll be right behind you :smile:

****Seriously. Im with you. I got an RS one. But only because i couldnt find the older style logo brand new.

You've got a 200 though mate, so it's right for your car as it suites with the rear badge. With the 197 my OCD wouldn't be able to handle the mismatched logos, even though you'll never see them together... I'm sure you understand!

That Rofag damaged one has been hanging round like a bad smell for ages. Almost pulled the trigger on it a few times but I know the damage would bother me and I'd end up selling it.

So it looks like I'll have to make my own.

Quick mock up...

28ahlj8.jpg

I hear you on being 'particular' about the details !

And yea: THAT ONE was about all I found in the older style knob too.....

That insert in the pic looks awesome. You making yourself, have a source or.....?

Reactions: w33dsmok3r
I hear you on being 'particular' about the details !

And yea: THAT ONE was about all I found in the older style knob too.....

That insert in the pic looks awesome. You making yourself, have a source or.....?

Thanks mate. I'm pretty confident it will look a winner in the car.

Ha, that Rofag one has been doing my head in for ages. Keep hoping someone will buy it!

:smiley:

And no I won't be making myself but I know a man who can. He makes all sorts of domed centres for wheels and he can do them any size so the principle is the same. I just need to design the image to put onto it.

But thinking ahead, I need to see how flat the underside is once the original dome is off. Hopefully it's totally flat and we don't need to start worrying about making a mould to dome the reverse side if you get me. But going off the rules of nothing ever being simple... I'll probably have a broken one in the for sale section for dirt cheap at some point!

That looks ace mate! I'll be watching closely to see if you manage this :smiley:

Cheers D.D. :smiley:

So long as the top comes off ok and the underside isn't a completely daft shape it should be totally doable.

I understand what you are saying about the rear badge/gearknob @///M I will follow this thread as my option was changing rear badge to match new style gearknob.

I understand what you are saying about the rear badge/gearknob @///M I will follow this thread as my option was changing rear badge to match new style gearknob.

Now I know you're like me and that would do your head in mate!

Plus the old style badge is simply SO much cooler!

Renault_Sport_F1_F1Weekends.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy
That mock up looks superb!!!
You'll have a fair few customers I reckon if you can get a bunch made with the usual colours catered for - hint hint :wink:

I've an early 200 so hunted high and low to get the old style badge too. Although my boot has the oem badge removed and replaced with a new style badge in red vinyl! lol.
But I reckon I'm going to peel that off and put a black R.S on next in the style from the RS.16 ?!

That mock up looks superb!!!
You'll have a fair few customers I reckon if you can get a bunch made with the usual colours catered for - hint hint :wink:

I've an early 200 so hunted high and low to get the old style badge too. Although my boot has the oem badge removed and replaced with a new style badge in red vinyl! lol.
But I reckon I'm going to peel that off and put a black R.S on next in the style from the RS.16 ?!

Thanks Rich.

If I get it all sorted and it works (and lasts!) ok then it should be fairly straight forward to replicate. It's all about how the "RS" dome comes off and how the new one goes on. If my plan works, it should be easy, although it won't be cheap due to the initial cost of the genuine knob.

Not interested in customers but I'll gladly help out with anyone who wants to do the same!

:smile:

So, just had a word with my mate who makes the domed centres for wheels and he assures me that they will fit over an already domed surface no problem, so regardless of the shape under the existing one, it's a go-er I think!

Just need to wait for the new style RS knob to be delivered from Rofag and then I'll crack on. (They DO fit on a 197 right???!!!)

In other news, he can also do them oval shaped so they could be made to fit the standard gear knob too.

Once I've played guinea pig, we should be able to sort these out for anyone that wants them.

So, just had a word with my mate who makes the domed centres for wheels and he assures me that they will fit over an already domed surface no problem, so regardless of the shape under the existing one, it's a go-er I think!

Just need to wait for the new style RS knob to be delivered from Rofag and then I'll crack on. (They DO fit on a 197 right???!!!)

In other news, he can also do them oval shaped so they could be made to fit the standard gear knob too.

Once I've played guinea pig, we should be able to sort these out for anyone that wants them.
I'd definitely be interested in one!

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Definitely interested if they look as good as the one above.