Different gearknob pictures / links ?

So, just had a word with my mate who makes the domed centres for wheels and he assures me that they will fit over an already domed surface no problem, so regardless of the shape under the existing one, it's a go-er I think!

Just need to wait for the new style RS knob to be delivered from Rofag and then I'll crack on. (They DO fit on a 197 right???!!!)

In other news, he can also do them oval shaped so they could be made to fit the standard gear knob too.

Once I've played guinea pig, we should be able to sort these out for anyone that wants them.

RS Aluminium knobs merely come in 5 or 6 speed designation (As both 197 and 200 6 speed gearboxes need the collar lifted to get reverse).

So in answer to your question. Yes it will fit.

Which is always a good start.......... :smile:

Reactions: ///M
Gear stick,gear knob is there a plastic gromet that joins the two together?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Yeah there's a little plastic bit that sits on top of the metal gear stick part that slots inside the gearknob.

Thanks mate,seems when l yanked my knob off(insert joke's here)the gromet came off and is stuck in the knob.

Reactions: Micah
Thanks mate,seems when l yanked my knob off(insert joke's here)the gromet came off and is stuck in the knob.

This happened when I bought a knob off a guy on here... It's an absolute pain to get the plastic bit out of the knob. Only way I managed to do it was with a flat head screwdriver, luckily the plastic around it is quite flexible so I managed to pop it out without snapping anything.

Yeah I've fallen for that one before, always use a tea towel now for jobs like that.You wouldn't happen to know the part number for the gromet?

Yeah I've fallen for that one before, always use a tea towel now for jobs like that.You wouldn't happen to know the part number for the gromet?

I have a feeling you can't buy that bit individually.

Looks like a day of swearing and bloody hands trying to get that bit out.A liberal spray of WD 40 might help me. Thanks for the replies fellas.

Any news on this mate?

Morning mate. Nothing as yet. In the middle of something that's taking a lot of focus right now. Once I'm free, I'm back on this.

Still keeping an eye out for a second hand knob to turn up too. Seems silly to buy a new one just to rip it apart.

Definitely going to try it. Just could be a month or two yet.

Keep you posted fella.

Reactions: Northloopcup
Hi guys. Anyone know if this will fit on our R27?

Also, would one of the admins mind editing the typo out of the thread title? It took me ages to find this thread! Would be better for others searching in the future too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dystant