Dodo Juice wax application?

Never used dodo juice before but going to spend about £120 on products for next years season :smile:

On the website it says the Hard wax variants need to be used with an applicator. Do they mean some sort of finger mitt or cloth or a machince polisher/buffer etc?

Basically can i apply Hard wax with my hands or do i need a machine of some sort?

By applicator they mean a soft pad by hand. Harder waxes are supposed to be slightly more durable. You can apply the hard by hand (using a pad)..soft waxes can sometimes be applied literally by your hands! (no pad!). Ive never used a machine to apply wax....I only use mine for the cutting and polishing stages before sealing it in with a wax or sealant by hand.

Edit: people say that hard wax gives a more clinical finish, whilst soft wax a warmer finish.

Im a sealant man personally, although Ive collected quite a few waxes along the way!

Last edited:
i tend to use my hand meaning on my fingers, i can seem to get a better finish as you can get in to corners better. its personal preference really an applicator works just fine i think you can get a thinner coat on with a pad

you wont need a machine to do it ever

the hard waxes it may be better to use a pad ive only used the soft ones so far its been to cold to try the others out

Avoid dodo!! All very poor IMO and also seen a mega wax test where dodo supernatural was out lasted by much cheaper products. As for their cheaper waxes like rain forest rub, pathetic would be the best way to describe it!

If you have £120 to spend I'd recommend a raceglaze 55 kit! One coat of 55 will give approx 3-5 months protection.

If you can justify a little more zymol glasur starter kit for about £160 would be my choice. That will last 5 years for a tub.

depends how you apply it, i swear by dodo juice and ive had over a month of sait and snow over my car its still beading up and still shiny as hell. been used on 3 other cars and its great and still only down a quarter of the £39 pot that i got 3 years ago. thats why i use it coz its cheap for the quality

Tried red mist today, smells like cough sweets.

Results were impressive although i wouldnt say £20+ better over Meguiars speed detailer performance.

Im trying a few different detailing sprays at the mo, but my all time fave is actually the megs nxt one. I find its fantastic!

I used orange crush on thursday and found it alot better that Meguirs quick detailer, will definitely be buying it again! :thumbup1:

I thought orange crush was a wax though? I only use a detailing spray to keep the wax topped up between wax applications.

I have a tub of blue velvet wax but haven't used it yet. Im waiting for a guy at work who wants his black toyota detailing.

Have you tried the victoria range of waxes? I was really impressed by the concours...its fairly cheap too!

I thought orange crush was a wax though? I only use a detailing spray to keep the wax topped up between wax applications.

I have a tub of blue velvet wax but haven't used it yet. Im waiting for a guy at work who wants his black toyota detailing.

Have you tried the victoria range of waxes? I was really impressed by the concours...its fairly cheap too!

My nan got me laods of stuff for Xmas and I am sure it is orange crush detailing spray, will check in the morning!
After I used that to clay the car with, I used a dodo soft wax, not sure on the name but it was for light coloured cars and was very impressed! Also have some sonus to try later on!

Haven't tried victoria yet no, but using old-ish stuff for the winter then may have a try of dfferent things in the summer!
But overall I was very impressed with dodo! :thumbup1:

Red mist is dodos spray detailer. You should find the sonus stuff good. I have some of their polishes that I use with the machine, and their interior spray which seems to do the trick!

Yeah sorry I got orange crush clay lube! :bat:
I though it was a quick detailer!

But I do prefer it to the meguirs stuff!

I'd recommend a raceglaze 55 kit! One coat of 55 will give approx 3-5 months protection.QUOTE]

Interestingly i have also heard awesome things about Raceglaze.

They are based near me funny enough. I have been thinking about scrapping banana armour and just rolling with some raceglaze.

Hmmmmm!

I've been using Valet Pro Artemis Wax; http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/valet-pro-artemis-wax-seal/prod_580.html

Each application seems to work for about 3-4 months. I apply it using a Foam Applicator Pad; http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/accessories/foam-wax-applicator/prod_89.html, really easy to use and nice and soft too. This wax could probably be put on by hand though, if you get it on your fingers it seems to almost melt to a Vaseline type consistency.

Compliments the Sonus SFX range of polishes very well;

20100530-06.jpg

20100530-03.jpg

Last edited:
for a quick detailer try something called "finish kare" u will be amazed

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Smorgan7 Detailing 1
T Gallery 11
DrDx Detailing 5
M88KE C Detailing 11
Benmc Detailing 5