Electric Folding Mirrors Issue...

Rishi

Platinum Member
Having a small issue with my electric folding mirrors (which i didn't even know i had!) basically my mirrors automatically fold out but wont electronically fold back in.

The mirror switch/stalk clicks downwards into the folding position ('F' in the manual) yet nothing happens to the mirrors, but my switch clicks down then automatically springs back into the central position when i let go of it, is the mirror switch/stalk supposed to stay down when you click it downwards to fold them in?

I initially thought it was a fuse but if they are folding out then they should fold back in on the same circuit, the mirror switch/stalk feels fine i can't see it needing to be replaced (unless its supposed to click down & stay down)

Hopefully its covered under warranty if not i can just fold em in manually, at least they fold back out which is nice

Appreciate any advice...

Maybe this belongs in interior & audio, if so sorry!

Last edited:
Mine has 4 positions on the switch. 12 o'clock is like a nothing position, click to the 11 o'clock and that does the left mirror and click to the 1 o'clock position does the right mirror. if you click the switch all the way round to the 6 o'clock position (where it stops and stays) the mirrors fold in until you click the switch back around to either 11, 12 or 1 o'clock where they come back out again.

Ok cool i get it now, i didn't realize i could twist the switch all the way round, i thought it had to pull/click down as you can pull the stalk downwards & it clicks into a slot at the 6 o'clock position

Works perfect now thanks mate!

Last edited:
I discovered that little gem late yesterday, no pun intended :wink:

Keyless entry is awesome, i just have to stop trying to take out the key that doesn't exist when i've finished parking!

Im looking forward to my nephew seeing the start/stop button, hes gonna love it

Last edited:
Have you discovered the follow you home lights? Pressing the lock button twice? The oil level on the display? Little tricks!

Have you discovered the follow you home lights?

Didn't know about that one!
I don't use a driveway but that's just cool anyway lol
I presume you flash the high beams after the cars completely off & they stay on for 30 sec or something?

Pressing the lock button twice?

For deadlocking it right?

The oil level on the display?

Didn't know this one either!

Cruise control is pretty sweet aswell, never thought id use it & didn't like that the buttons were on the steering wheel, but now i realize i can accelerate using buttons on the steering wheel im all turned around on the matter :wink:

I think the previous owner had every option apart from recaros & those direction changing headlamps.

Last edited:
Took me a while to realise I even had folding mirrors then even longer trying to work out how to use them, the diagram in the manual is terrible

The trick with the oil display is to push one of the buttons on the end of the right have stalk (The ones to flick through mpg/average speed etc) and it will show an oil gauge

To be honest the BEST thing I learnt (the hard way :angry:) was to make sure you wind the drivers window up before you wash the windscreen otherwise you'll end up with a wet knee.........

To be honest the BEST thing I learnt (the hard way :angry:) was to make sure you wind the drivers window up before you wash the windscreen otherwise you'll end up with a wet knee.........

lol my 1.6 did this & i thought they would've sorted it on the 197, guess not, minor issue though...

I don't think I get a wet knee washing the windscreen with the window down, maybe try re-aiming the nozzle

how do you get the oil display? i remember i used to get it intermittently in my 1.6, can't seem to get it on display...

When you start the car and the display says Oil Level Correct, press one of the computer control bottons on the stalk and it displays a series of 'o's representing the oil level. Flash the headlights and they stay on to guide you home.

When you start the car and the display says Oil Level Correct, press one of the computer control bottons on the stalk and it displays a series of 'o's representing the oil level. Flash the headlights and they stay on to guide you home.

wouldnt the light already be on if you have autolights on?