Engine and gearbox Mounts....

Need to change them. Is it worth going for Ktec's uprated ones...(twice as much). Theres also two screw holes near the gearbox mount, am I missing a bracket????

Last edited:
i'd personally stick with the originals,i pondered over ktecs mounts a while ago as i thought it may help towards saving the flexi pipes in the manifold which can fail but was told by the owner of a local performance garage i use not to bother as they can cause alot of vibration in the car,sure i read something similar on here as well which is why the person was selling them,maybe a phone call to ktec could clear things up

I used to have power flex on my saxo and I remember the first time I started the engine having replaced the mounts. A lot of vibration but you do get used to it, I'd rather replace with updated ones than OEM personally.

You DO get a vibration that's a fact. It's even mentioned on Ktec's website. There was a guy here who fitted them and he took them off right away due to vibration. Stick to the stock ones mate. But why do then need changing?

I will have my topmount made out of stiffer rubber but with original design in a month or two. It might be a good compromise.