engine fault code help

Morning all,

After being away with work for 4 months I booked my car in for its mot last Tuesday. After paying a £950 bill to get the car through,I took the car for its first real drive yesterday. About 2 minuted into the journey the engine management light flashed about 10 times. I immediately pulled over, at which point it had already stopped,so I gingerly carried on driving and it never returned. That was until I stopped the car for an hour or so,did the same journey again and at exactly the same point the light flashed and went off again.

Now I appreciate there are several threads on this matter and I read them all last night before taking the car back ti the dealership this morning.
They plugged in and got the following fault codes:
PO300 came up twice, combustion failure detected, fault emission specific.
PO301 which is combustion failure,cylinder 1 misfiring with cat damage.
PO340 came up twice,camshaft position sensor malfunction and signal out of tolerance.

The garage said that all the faults cleared absolutely fine and didn't come back up on the system,so they've advised me to drive the car as normal and see how I get on.

From previous threads I'm hoping this is due to both the area being stood for a long period of time and the hot weather we're currently experiencing. But what I was wondering is if I may be doing any long term damage to the car and what to do next.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Ryan

Last edited:
Any ideas guys? just that i havent driven the car again yet, would rather wait and speak to anyone who has experienced something similar. cheers

common fault codes those for the 197...reset them and then give it a right good drive out then see how it goes