exhaust trims/ tips

ideally i'd like to get a 200 diffuser but they are gold dust untill a few more people start crashing them.

so in the meantime i'd like some tips for the end as mine look horrible, the RS ones looks a bit cack as they stick right out like wheelbarrow arms.

are there any others available? maybe with a cut angle like the 197 already has, whats the diameter of the standard ones?

the RS ones looks a bit cack as they stick right out like wheelbarrow arms.

They don't if you put them on properly :tongueout: Don't base your opinion on Renault's pic of them, they look awful on there! Mine don't stick out past the edge of the diffuser.

4315845115_308644664a_o.jpg

4316578482_20c1baf23b_o.jpg

I'm sure if you wanted to opt for a slash cut though, that you can get tips welded on, and I'm sure Jase had some round Milltek tips on his before he changed his exhaust iirc...

Last edited:
Not sure about bolt on ones, but I bought some Milltek tips from Jase and have them on mine atm, they had to cut off the old slash cut tips and weld the new ones, here's a few pics for you, hopefully gives you an idea.

SP_A0469.jpg

SP_A0370.gif

DSC04520-1.gif

thanks guys, the renault ones certainly look better pushed right in, like the look of the Milltek tips as they are bigger but not up for chopping and welding.. surprised no one makes some to slid over except Renault

The main problem is finding ones that are long enough to slide over the whole of the slash cut part, looked at halfrauds and motorworld with no luck but if you measure the depth and width you may be able to search online!

ok thanks.. i was hoping for minimal effort but i can see this is going to involve me venturing to the garage to measure.

I might end up selling my exhaust becuase i've got a Ktec Pro one i'm fitting this week, so if worst comes to worst you could have my standard exhaust with the tips welded, for a very small fee as I have no room to store it really. Where about are you from?

i can see why the renault ones come to the edge of the diffuser as the slice is so long. gonna be tricky to find some to fit that. £60 for renault ones seems to steep for me.

troopy thanks for the offer but not sure i want to go swapping over an exhaust

mradam87, did you need to remove the diffuser to fit the RS ones?

To fit them on pushed as far back as I did, I think you'd need to remove the diffuser like I did.

I didn't try to fit them without taking it off so not sure how that would work, but it would definitely be a pain in the arse to fit tools down the gaps - it only takes 10mins to get the diffuser off anyway :smile:

what about powerflow? They make custom systems to your requirements. My mate has just had a quote to get some stainless steel tips welded to his standard back box on his V6 Vectra. Only quoted £90 fitted so may be worth a look .....

http://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/

I just tried to fit the RS ones on mine. the clamps and bolts are impossible to fit through the diffuser and look awful showing if not fitted inside the diffuser. Will defo have to take diffuser off!! agrhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Further to my comment, 'impossible'. Just fitted the RS ones without removing the diffuser. You need nimble fingers!
The trick is to put the clamp over the exhaust first before putting the trim on. As you slide it down the exhaust and before it gets to the diffuser, spin it around and thread one end of the open side of the clamp into the diffuser, then carry on sliding down until the other side of the open end of the clamp reaches the diffuser. At this point the clamp can be slightly forced into the diffuser (doesnt leave marks and isnt that forcefull).
Oh! and make sure that when the nut is put on, it will be facing the outside of the car.
Now the trim can be pushed onto the exhaust and into the clamp.
All the access to the clamp is done by putting your hands behind the rear of the tyre and lying on your back/side, with the nut facing you.
Hope this helps as I was determined not to remove the diffuser.

Still think its way easier to take the diffuser off, I tried to adjust mine by reaching through the gap to the bolt, but there just wasn't room for my hand.

20 mins max and the diffuser comes off!

Just listen out for any tapping noises, when the exhaust gets hot it expands and the clamp can end up tapping on the underside of the car if it's not in the right place!

Made sure the clamp was facing as far down as possible :smile:

Also, dont have the correc tool at hand to remove the diffuser, didnt want to risk rounding the triangle shaped screws

Last edited:
i didnt take the diffuser off for my rs tips, and mine sit the same as mradam87's. as was mentioned, just fiddle around and you can get them on further with minimal effort. imho the car looks wayyyy better with the exhaust tips