exhaust trims/ tips

hey guys.. ive had a lil look on google searching for these RS tips. but it seems Renault arent selling these anymore?? is this correct? would be a great help if u guys could give me a part number or a website where i can get them..

cheers guys :smiley:

i thought these messed with the air flow passing over the surface of the rear diffuser affecting the handling?

if your as anal about these things as i am i wouldnt bother with them tbh.

rear diffuser is purely for looks gouldy. i think they look a bit to thin and spindly IMO

rear diffuser is purely for looks gouldy. i think they look a bit to thin and spindly IMO

are you sure?

i am not 100% on this but i read up that on the 197 the rear diffuser is not just for aesthetics, it plays a big part in down force at the back of the car.

it might help a bit but its more of a gimmick than anything

it creates about 40kg of extra downforce above 60mph apparently

i doubt it though lol

Isn't the diffuser the reason no spoiler is fitted as standard?
As in the car simply doesn't 'need' a spoiler?

I think it is a highly debated subject. I have heard different things, but on ebay atm there is a poster from when the 197 was first sold. There is a red 197 and a claim about the diffuser.

I think it is a highly debated subject. I have heard different things, but on ebay atm there is a poster from when the 197 was first sold. There is a red 197 and a claim about the diffuser.

I've only ever heard the diffuser works. As far as im aware it was 30kg of downforce at 70mph, hardly worth the effort but downforce nethertheless :tongueout:

I wanna swap my KTR slash cuts for a 70mm round . . . . point me in the right direction

cool, got any pics...do these clamp onto the original?

sounds interesting!

Yep..really nice finish. I was really impressed with them. Got the offer of a exhaust so didn't even make it on car. They come with the clamps. Will take some pics later....