How much oil did you use during run in?

As per title. I'm past the 2500 mile mark now. Just topped up 200ml of the oil I got with the car today. Just curious how much you lot went through?

Our 200 didnt go through much tbh and that was with a trackday at 1200 miles. Changed it right after that.

I used 1 litre in 3000 miles. But it had seen 8 laps of the Nordschleiffe and a full OPL day at Bedford GT.

Dropped the oil at 3k and it hadn't used any at all. Maybe that theory about running them in hard to seal the rings carries some weight?

Mine say oil ok on the dash.. Don't just over 4k now.. Is this normal?

Mine said it didnt need any on the dash Maz, but it was nearly on the minimum on the dipstick when on a flat surface and the engine was cold.

Think I've put one litre in to date, and I'm fast approaching 7000 miles now.
It needs changing *still* but I simply haven't got round to it ;/

LOL, that is harsh.

99% of the time the 'oil ok' display will be fine, but it's always best to check manually once every few months.

At the end of the day we're talking brand new cars here, if the 5L of oil or so has vanished so soon, then it's time to get on the phone to RUK!

If I remember correctly the volume of oil between max and min on the dipstick is only 1L isn't it?

Thats a bit harsh lol I thought that was what the sensor was for ?!? ;/

Hehe, it wasnt meant to sound so harsh. My sensor said oil level ok. It was on the minimum. The little circles on startup were in the middle.

Id never rely on it personally.

Done 12k in mine, it used about 300mil between 4k and 5k but not used any since then.
As for the sensor ive always found them spot on, if it shows 000. . then its half way from min to max on the dipstick. ( its sad but i like to wait for it to go down a bit on the sensor just so i can check is reading the same on the dipstick)
*Maz, it will always say oil ok until the day it runs out, when its on the screen that says ok press the up or down button (the one for mpg and miles etc) and it will show you on a 1 to 5 scale displayed as '00000'

or just check the dipstick, like a normal person. the dipstick is the only one of the two which will give the guaranteed amount of oil in it. i'd never rely on the oil level sensor.
on most cars, by the time it has told you it is low, it is seriously too low.