Just broke down :(

I'm really sorry to hear about this, Jason. I hope that things get sorted for you and you can get out of the hole you're in at the moment :worried: it's not good to hear that you're feeling so down, try and keep your chin up. It's good to know that the forum has helped improve your mood a bit. Let us know how things go.

Reactions: Dystant and Sean197
Sorry to hear you're struggling mate. Hope you can get it fixed up and running how you want it. I've had my Clio since January and have spent nearly £2.5k on a car I bought for only £3.4k! That doesn't help you much but let's you know that other people have/are been in the same boat and are rooting for you...

Sorry to hear you're struggling mate. Hope you can get it fixed up and running how you want it. I've had my Clio since January and have spent nearly £2.5k on a car I bought for only £3.4k! That doesn't help you much but let's you know that other people have/are been in the same boat and are rooting for you...
Snap, mine cost £4K and I'm about to spend possibly 2k, I've could of got a lower mileage 200 for this money and I see your in the same boat. I'm sorry to hear you have been faced with bad luck to.

My car is a 2012 with 14k on it and it's already cost £2.5k in repairs (luckily this was all under warranty). I think it shows things can go wrong regardless of age/mileage.

Reactions: jasonlovesfrench
Snap, mine cost £4K and I'm about to spend possibly 2k, I've could of got a lower mileage 200 for this money and I see your in the same boat. I'm sorry to hear you have been faced with bad luck to.

2k?

Theres a 200 engine in the for sale area now for £750, you could get that fitted worst comes to worst...

Like the guys above though - I spent £8.3k in March on a 200 and then a further £2k+ in the first 3 months in maintenance alone after normal brake seizing, manifold cracking (Along with the accompanying remap and engine mount renewal issues) bottom ball joint knocking and a few other small probs.

So I'm not sure a newer and low mileage 200 would have necassarily have been the end of the problem per-se regarding spending money. As demonstrated by Gordini above too for example.

Either way we're hoping the diagnosis and prognosis is good buddy :smile:

I originally bought a low miles 200 back in march and have since spent over £2k on it in maintenance and some upgrades, cars are money pits and do need money spent on them over time thats just how cars unfortunately.
I remember back in 2000 i had an RX7 which i bought for £5k and end up spending £25K on it over the 3 years i owned it, then sold it on for £5k.
Life goes on.

Just take it one day at a time, it will be all good in the end.

Tony

Same here, although I've never wanted to add up what I've spent in the time I've owned the car. I did go into ownership expecting to have to spend money, however it's still a kick in the balls when something happens!

Hopefully seeing that you aren't alone with the Renault woes makes things a little bit easier to stomach!

I was unsure where to post this, but I thought it would be quite fitting and hopefully lift your mood.
I don't drive my 200 that much, maybe once a weekend, but last night I drove to Nando's to pick up our dinner. I suddenly realised that after seeing the prices drop like a stone on these (and how angry would my Gran be that I blew most of my inheritance on this car) as well as wondering how the hell I am going to be able to afford chop it in for a 200 EDC at some point, how damn satisfying these cars are to drive. There's always going to be some outlay, but it could cost me a lot more to buy a newer car than to keep the 200 running. I'm back in love with it, and you can (and will be) with yours after it gets fixed. Hang on in there and you'll get through these bad times, and we're all here to support you :smile:

I was unsure where to post this, but I thought it would be quite fitting and hopefully lift your mood.
I don't drive my 200 that much, maybe once a weekend, but last night I drove to Nando's to pick up our dinner. I suddenly realised that after seeing the prices drop like a stone on these (and how angry would my Gran be that I blew most of my inheritance on this car) as well as wondering how the hell I am going to be able to afford chop it in for a 200 EDC at some point, how damn satisfying these cars are to drive. There's always going to be some outlay, but it could cost me a lot more to buy a newer car than to keep the 200 running. I'm back in love with it, and you can (and will be) with yours after it gets fixed. Hang on in there and you'll get through these bad times, and we're all here to support you :smile:

:good:

unfortunately these cars come with this cost of maintenance ..but they will reward you for your care...

Last edited:

Awesome post and I think a lot of us will benefit from reading that and taking it on board :smile: