just ordered spax coilovers!

they are ok iv got mine set not alot stiffer that standard tbh, my clio 1.6 mk3 was the 1st 1 on spax coilovers and i liked them on there so thats y iv got them for the 197

Don't look like it noddie, larkspeed just called said I'd have to wait a week as spax have to make me myn as they are sold out! Gutted but fingers crossed I might get them on for knockhill! W18bey how do you find yours? Not too hard are they?

Gutted. Would have came up for a gander around/look.

Do you only do the Hot Hatch days at Knockhill? Much better value for money with the other events tbh.

To be honest noddie its my first knockhill event, I did crail etc and some timed events up north but never been to knockhill. What's the event you go to?

Thanks w18bey I hope to set myn as soft for the road and to keep the mrs happy but I will try and get a setting for track too round my local car club track! Really need to get photos up on ere!

To be honest noddie its my first knockhill event, I did crail etc and some timed events up north but never been to knockhill. What's the event you go to?

If its your first time up I'd avoid the hot hatch days as they give no room to anybody.

I done 1 hot hatch day and in my group there was a 4 car smash. Idiots just driving too close.

The problem is you get 10 minute sessions then off for an hour then 10 minutes on the an hour off all day. Because of the little track time you get, you find that everyone (Most people) drive like ****s.

You want to do either Knockhill's own car track day events, TrackScotland or SIDC (Subaru Imprza Drivers Club) events. They are open pitlane and generally have a better standard of driving/car.

I'm up their on Saturday for the SIDC day, if you fancy coming up for a gander aboot!

But could I enter the subaru one? Wouldn't mind going a run down to see, are you entering?

Not many Subarus go to the SIDC ones. Mostly Elise/Exiges that go.

Tis open to anyone. Though, the buy now for this event has been taken down from the website. So looks like its full.

Its £100 for 4 hours. Open pit lane format (Go out on track for as long as you want in that 4 hours.

Yeah I'm going in the 200. Starts at 9am - 1 pm.

Why don't you see if Sideways_Danny will let you have his and then you give him yours when they arrive if you need them desperately?

heres a couple of pics of mine soz im not great wid a camara lol

9fef430b.gif

Whilst that looks nice, surely by altering the rake of the car, ie having it level/lower at the rear compared to standard, it will just induce understeer at the limit?

Think it may skip been that low but I think you would struggle to find the limits on the road with that set up. Just remove the rear seats and it will counter act the understeer!

Toop I know sideways danny has some sitting on a shelve ready for someone

they were my 172 ones

ALL spax orders are made to order, those adverts saying in stock are basically bull****ting drop shippers who never even see the stock. Good luck getting help with them re setup, LOL. Had several customers come to me rather than cheaper because those places had NO idea about the product. One even sold them the wrong setup for a 172.

Just remove the rear seats and it will counter act the understeer!

Im going to just pretend you didnt type that lol. The seats weigh 9/10s of bugger all.

Re: finding the limits on the road, im sure i could, probably on the 1st wet roundabout that i understeered into. More to the point, surely the purpose of fitting coilovers (esp. damping adjustable SPAX ones) is to alter/fine tune the setup for not only road driving, but track driving ...

Or have i confused 197.net with lowgolfsthatdontgoroundcorners.com?

they were my 172 ones

ALL spax orders are made to order, those adverts saying in stock are basically bull****ting drop shippers who never even see the stock. Good luck getting help with them re setup, LOL. Had several customers come to me rather than cheaper because those places had NO idea about the product. One even sold them the wrong setup for a 172.

I'm sure toop will manage to find at least 1 competent garage up here to tweak them for him :thumbsup:

Yep don't worry bout set up mate that's the least of my worrys, sir dave I was taking the p mate! We have keys to the local sprint car track so we can find a good set up for the track and I'm getting my mate ( www.lewiswilliamson.com ) to help me reach a good set up look out for him this year!

they were my 172 ones

I see mate, did they get back to you ref: topmounts? Ie are they able to make them or have made them?

Im going to just pretend you didnt type that lol. The seats weigh 9/10s of bugger all.

Re: finding the limits on the road, im sure i could, probably on the 1st wet roundabout that i understeered into. More to the point, surely the purpose of fitting coilovers (esp. damping adjustable SPAX ones) is to alter/fine tune the setup for not only road driving, but track driving ...

Or have i confused 197.net with lowgolfsthatdontgoroundcorners.com?

pretty much, someone on here bought some v3's, and slammed the **** out of it, waste............