Key locked inside

My 197 has done what I thought was impossible and locked itself with the key in the slot.

I had the key in the slot as i'd accidentally set the alarm off by leaving the window open. Then left it in the slot whilst I cleaned it and go to take the key + my wallet out and it's locked itself! Can't get in through either door or the boot.

The immobiliser light is flashing so the battery isn't dead, and I can't find my spare key to try that. Will keep looking though

Has anyone had this happen before and know the solution?

Cheers,
Ben

This is really odd, as the one time I forgot the key was in the slot and locked it, it opened right up as soon as I touched the door handle.

What happens when you push the lock button on the boot?

Come to think of it, when I set the alarm off I leant through the window to turn it off. Then later on I did the auto close on the window to close it, I never opened the doors after the alarm went off!

I guess this is how my keys have got stuck inside. But how do i get them out!?

EDIT: nothing happens when i press any buttons on the doors or try to unlock

happened to my mate in his mk4 golf tdi. he cut his losses and broke the window as we were miles away from home

Auto close - one touch up/down on the windows.

Yep, it should just open, unfortunately it seems like i've fooled the system

I've just moved house and can't find the spare key anywhere, bloody typical!

If anyone has any ideas on how to get in please let me know, really don't want to break a window :worried:

I guess the simple answer is use the spare key but for the life of me I can't find it :worried: It's not in any of the boxes I'd have thought it's in

Thats very unlucky !

This happened to our old TVR when it was running :lol:
Luckily theres a part that you can unfasten the convertible roof and get your arm inside to open the door.

Theres only two choices mate, keep hunting for the key or brake the window. The later being very messy and a lot of hassle cleaning inside the door card etc.

Have looked EVERYWHERE for the key and it's not turned up, very annoying as I know I have it.

Pressing buttons on the handle doesn't do anything.

I do have RAC but my membership card is inside the car in my wallet!! Would the RAC be able to get into it?

Have looked EVERYWHERE for the key and it's not turned up, very annoying as I know I have it.

Pressing buttons on the handle doesn't do anything.

I do have RAC but my membership card is inside the car in my wallet!! Would the RAC be able to get into it?
yes mate just asked me son in law and he said yes

I actually thought the system was fool proof.

Seems that because I didn't unlock the doors after setting off the alarm it doesn't look for the key inside the car. It's only looking for the key outside the car!