KTR Clio 197 (well...280) for sale

For another couple of grand you can get an R26.r which is surely a better proposition. It will hold its value as well, whereas this will be worth about £10k once you've bought it from K-Tec.

For another couple of grand you can get an R26.r which is surely a better proposition. It will hold its value as well, whereas this will be worth about £10k once you've bought it from K-Tec.

Do people really buy a car and care about what its worth? Just enjoy the thing for what it is.

The chances are, this'll be faster than an R26.R. Actually guarantee it.

Do people really buy a car and care about what its worth? Just enjoy the thing for what it is.

I suppose it depends on how long you plan on keeping it. It's not the be all and end all, but if I was considering two cars, knowing one would depreciate at twice the rate of the other I would have to take that into consideration.

I think it would be faster than an R26.r, but if you remapped the R26.r it would be pretty close.

Hum-

15k, Theres 2 ways of looking at it-

If the cars 5/6k & the mods are circa 11k then it would seem a bargain-

However over the time Mods - ( decent ones) add perhaps 25%-40% of the value of the mod to the car-

I would say this is around 10-11k to sell-
15k is laughable- however you never know some clown may pay it-

S

You so sure on that? if the r26r was running the same power...
A standard 197 is 10kg heavier than the r, iirc Jonesys car when weighed by RST was 30-40kg heavier than an r, the r is much better setup to cope with the weight balance of the diff and extra engine weight

You so sure on that? if the r26r was running the same power...
A standard 197 is 10kg heavier than the r, iirc Jonesys car when weighed by RST was 30-40kg heavier than an r, the r is much better setup to cope with the weight balance of the diff and extra engine weight

But it ain't so no comparison.

The initial comment wasn't a modded R26.R vs this.

Tbh I'd rather have a Meg 250 cup for that sorta cash.

Weren't they tested against an r26.r and the 250 was quicker?

The 265 Trophy p!ssed all over the R26R 'Ring lap when tested by Renaultsport themselves. I'm sure it was also faster around Bedford when EVO tested it too but I may be mistaken on that one...

A 250 won't be too far behind a 265.

But it ain't so no comparison.

The initial comment wasn't a modded R26.R vs this.

Well by your logic it should be a 'standard' conversion, otherwise it's an unfair comparison you are making anyway:tongueout:inky:

The 265 Trophy p!ssed all over the R26R 'Ring lap when tested by Renaultsport themselves. I'm sure it was also faster around Bedford when EVO tested it too but I may be mistaken on that one...

Indeed. Saw a white 250 Cup the other day and instantly wanted in.

I agree with Noodie 100% here. It's not about money and value retention - it's about having some different and special.

Yeah, an R26R would hold it's value better, but if I wanted something that was going to hold value I would buy land or property. Why on earth is that even a factor for a sale like this? :-p

Imagine how fast a 265 Trophy.R will be if they ever make it!

Just going on whats said on here i'd sooner buy the R26.R too.

In about 10 years time the .R would have held it's money a lot better, maybe this is just an older persons thinking.

Just my two pence worth :thumbsup:

Just going on whats said on here i'd sooner buy the R26.R too.

In about 10 years time the .R would have held it's money a lot better, maybe this is just an older persons thinking.

Just my two pence worth :thumbsup:

You'd buy the stripped out track car (R26.R) over a nice road car that is faster (250)?