Megane 250 or R26.R

Oddly financially the r26.r makes more sense, theyll be more collectable and won't lose their arse in depreciation.

If you do go for 250 it'd have to be red though, hrey is overdone on them TBH and the yellow looks cheap.

I agree on the crap 19s too, but still torn on the colour choice!

What about the daytime running lights, yay or nay?

Map alone gets the 250 to 300 mark and thats before intercooler and exhaust upgrades, at which point 320 has been seen. Plus its common knowledge all 250s run more than the advertised 250bhp, most dyno around 260+ mark. :smile:

Very true, Well which ever you go for both are award winning and the best hot hatches:cloud9:

Megane RS250 with Superchips remap (Slovenian) with RON98 fuel:

1f45028d-1.jpg

And another RS250 with the Superchips remap is 2 lengths of a car faster than the Megane 265 Trophy.

I think I have a video somewhere...will try to find it.

This is the Trophy:

Last edited:
I love the R26.R, but it's no question for me either mate. 250 everyday.
Looks nicer, goes better and the handling is supposed to be amazing.

People have been getting big numbers after a stage one map

People have been getting big numbers after a stage one map

Some of the ppl have +200bhp in their stock Clio's 197/200 too. :wink:

This dyno shows true numbers (a friends dyno, has Mazda dealership too - had 90% of the Mazda models dynoed -<3bhp difference accordingly to the manufacturers specs).

Get a 250, it'll keep a good .r that comes up for me :lol:

I've seen a couple of pics of a silver 250 on RenaultSport.co.uk and imo its the best colour. It'll be rare too, look at the R26's not many in silver and they seem to be becoming more sought after.

DRL go for it, you dont want it to look dated in the next couple of years when everyone has them. Leather Recaro's are a must too.

Why was that dyno run done in 5th gear ? Surely its not powerful enough to warrant that, the run would have been too long ?

Why was that dyno run done in 5th gear ? Surely its not powerful enough to warrant that, the run would have been too long ?

A "300"bhp car is not powerful enough?

TBH, don't know why was it in 5th gear, but will have another RS250 Superchips dynoed too (in 4th & 5th gear so you could see that there's no difference).

EDIT: But, I would still go for Megane250 over R26R. :wink:

A "300"bhp car is not powerful enough?

TBH, don't know why was it in 5th gear, but will have another RS250 Superchips dynoed too (in 4th & 5th gear so you could see that there's no difference).

EDIT: But, I would still go for Megane250 over R26R. :wink:

Fair enough, Im not claiming to be an expert but from what Ive been lead to believe 3rd or 4th is best.

Fair enough, Im not claiming to be an expert but from what Ive been lead to believe 3rd or 4th is best.

I thought the same and then we had a bet.

3rd, 4th & 5th gear - and if I remember correctly the car showed more power in 5th than in 3rd & 4th gear.

And I lost the bet and had to pay for lunch. :smiley:

I think that we had my Clio on the dyno...maybe I have the readouts.

HOWEVER, this Megane250 with the Superchips remap is 2 lengths faster than the Trophy, and IF the Trophy has the declared power (but, Renault usually doesn't :wink:) than this should have at least 280bhp.

This car is on OMV100 100octane fuel.

Last edited:
Isnt there a vid somewhere of a 250 being quicker around a track than the R26.R?

I want both cars but think the 250 is a better car tbh.

Isnt there a vid somewhere of a 250 being quicker around a track than the R26.R?

I want both cars but think the 250 is a better car tbh.

car_photo_445987_7.jpg

R26R - 8.17.xxx

every day car = rs 250

weekend toy/track car = r26r

for me i would lean towards a 250 :thumbup:

Now theres a question Ben,

The 250 is refined, if it was a bird you could take it home to meet your mother and she would approve, the R26R on the other hand is a stripper from peppermint hippo, shes quick, shes dirty, shes got a funny rear end but boy does she go..

Now that is brilliant!

It's r26r for me guys.