Megane 250 or R26.R

250, fallen for them now. But please, please, I beg you, don't get the Halfords 19" wheels, they are the worst performance car wheel designs I have ever seen and make me want to vomet. Sorry if people like them, but that's MO obviously.

Completly agree on this point...they are god awful! 250 for me though

Does anyone know when the facelift 265 come out and does anyone know if it will have a option on liquid yellow

iirc LY paint is available now for them, but its a 4K option as it isnt done during manufacture, the car has to be stripped down, resprayed in LY and then rebuilt!!

Honestly, and after driving both I don't think the 2 cars in question are competitors for your money.

Only the most willing of girlfriends will want more than a single trip in the 26.r after climbing into the fixed back seat and having to f##k abnout with the harness.

As a driver I thought I was going to make such a choice but for real world road driving the 26.r is too extreme to consider (if you are genuinly thinking of using it as a daily driver). Mind I am 40 so I do irritate easily.......

250 wins but for me the sheer size of it put me off. Its massive, takes up too much space on the road IMO, especially on B roads.

Another thing is we seem to be obsessed by numbers, the 250 is fast but has lost a touch of driver connection although still flows better than say a Focus RS or Cupra.

Small, nimble, great drive with some practicality for a weekend away and most of all will do this at speeds that will hopefully keep you legal, well most of the time.

Clio 197/200. :smile:

After what you did with the beast of a 197 you created I would say R26.R, I think you will struggle to go from your Clio into a 250, the R26.R is a good intermediary step.

What makes you think that?

When I get the time, I'll show you that there's virtually no difference when using 4th or 5th gear.

My mate that ownes his own company and tunes various race cars from an ex Mcrae 6R4 to Britcar teams to WTCC teams...... Who is a race engineer for many others and is a partner in trackgroup.

I would tend to side with him TBH!

Lol kevo your banter has been missed, don't beat around the bush now :tongueout:

gonna go for a grey 250, currently got 3 dealers battling it out for my business, so far got £1200 off and 0% finance but I reckon I can squeeze a little more out of em :wink:

Both great cars. The 250 makes more sense today but in 5 years time, you'll wished you'd bought the R26R. All the evo cars of this type become stupidly expensive and collectable because they are rarely replicated by the manufacturer. Renault will never make a car this way again. E.g. The E46 M3 csl will cost you now 30k and rising. Why (?) cause when BM now built the eq car, it now costs £100k. The R26R will still command premium money in ten years time because its that good.