Megane 265 trophy

Those wheels upset me a little. Look like they should be fitted to a Vxr or something! Horrible things!

Confirmed - its a Megane 265.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=23747&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=html&utm_campaign=2011-6-13

This is, we're told, the fastest-ever Renault. It's called the Mégane Renaultsport 265 Trophy and it's a new limited edition that's set to be unveiled at the Nurburgring round of the World Series by Renault this weekend.

The Trophy gets an extra 15hp and 15lb ft of torque, pushing its vital statistics up to 265hp and 266lb ft of torque. That's enough to drop the 0-62mph sprint by a tenth of a second to 6.0secs dead, and to improve the top speed by 2mph to 158mph.

Okay, so it's not a massive performance hike but it is, like we said, enough to make the Trophy the fastest road-going Renault ever.

In order to create a Trophy, Renault takes a Cup-spec chassis, bungs in some Recaro seats with yellow seatbelts and detailing, red-rimmed 19-inch Speedline alloys, Liquid Yellow paint (you may remember it from such fast Renaults as the Clio Renaultsport 182 and V6 255, and the R26 and R26.R), and 'Trophy' decals on the front 'blade' and doors.

The Trophy also includes Renaultsport Monitor on-board performance tracking, some sticky Bridgestone Potenza RE050As and a UK-numbered plaque.

Customers will also get free access to the full 2012 Renaultsport UK track day calendar, worth around £650, which is awfully decent of Renault.

If you fancy one then you'd better get onto it, though; the Trophy is limited to 500 units worldwide, and the UK is due to get just 50 of them. Those 50 will be available to order from 20th June, priced at £27,820 (only £600 more than the top-spec 'standard' car) with deliveries expected in early July.

Last edited:
nice, but if I was in the market for a Megane I would settle for a normal 250 + a remap.

True. But if you were buying new, it would probably make more sense to buy this than the standard car. Especially if they're throwing in £650 of trackday for the year, plus the monitor, the bigger wheels* and the recaros (are they standard on the standard car?)

*I prefer those funky 18" wheels though.

You probably won't even realise the extra power, unless there are bigger improvements elsewhere across the rev range

and they said on renaultsport forum that it took them 20 months of development for the factory to be able to spray them LY, means it will be available for the ordinary 250s soon after the trophys are sold

Thats not a bad price at all really for a new rs meggy.. especially with the extras.
Alot of people go for the cups and then spec them up similarly to that.

Wheels are hideous though, they would be swapped straight away!! Old fashioned way of getting extra power! Lets just wind the boost up and put a free flowing intake on it haha

and they said on renaultsport forum that it took them 20 months of development for the factory to be able to spray them LY, means it will be available for the ordinary 250s soon after the trophys are sold

Thats because the clip machine (renault diag tool) kept crashing!! and it took them 10 months to realise the map sensor was maxed out and needed a higher rating....

I'm really not impressed by them putting a new map on and calling it a Trophy. It's like my Gordini, there is just not anything special over the standard sport. They could of at least put a bigger intercooler on and upped the power to make it more impressive.

I'm really not impressed by them putting a new map on and calling it a Trophy. It's like my Gordini, there is just not anything special over the standard sport. They could of at least put a bigger intercooler on and upped the power to make it more impressive.

Good point dude, kinda agree too

its has been changed - intercooler piping and sensor have all been changed/improved due to the higher boost

It now holds the front wheel drive lap record at the Nurburgring... it beat the R26.R by a whole 9 seconds!

It now holds the front wheel drive lap record at the Nurburgring... it beat the R26.R by a whole 9 seconds!

that i cant understand when the suspension set up is meant to be the same, the r26r weight next to night compared to this trophy

hmm..now im a fanboy but i smell something suspicious about that!
The .r must weigh at least 220kgs lighter but down by 40 odd bhp..but 9 seconds is massive.