My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

totally agree, you see big brakes and you know the driver is serious... so you'll be upgrading the ST's brakes soon then

Emma has agreed to let my buy the 4-Pots for the ST, however not until at least after Mexico next year lol.

Which compound are your pads Angel? I can read in the packaging ''not for road use'' lol

RC6 mate, plenty have used them on the road, they have good bite from cold but are on another level compaired to the DS2500. I've heard they can be noisy which is why I've gone for the anti squeal pads. Think I'll go for the Motul RBF 660 fluid

Ah ok, yes I know about the RC6 compound, Ben was praising them but he did mention about the squeaking. I just got the pads Willis was selling, apparently the fronts are something in between RC8 and RC6 and the rears are RC6. Can't wait to try them.

A piece of advice mate, don't spend your money on the 660, 600 has higher wet boiling point than the 660 and it's cheaper! 660 has higher dry boiling point than the 600 but this info says sod all really because the fluid absorbs moisture anyway so it's the wet boiling that counts.

I'll personally go for castrol srf (after been disappointed with ATE). Highest wet boiling point by far, hence its price.

Ah ok, yes I know about the RC6 compound, Ben was praising them but he did mention about the squeaking. I just got the pads Willis was selling, apparently the fronts are something in between RC8 and RC6 and the rears are RC6. Can't wait to try them.

A piece of advice mate, don't spend your money on the 660, 600 has higher wet boiling point than the 660 and it's cheaper! 660 has higher dry boiling point than the 600 but this info says sod all really because the fluid absorbs moisture anyway so it's the wet boiling that counts.

I'll personally go for castrol srf (after been disappointed with ATE). Highest wet boiling point by far, hence its price.

I did look at the Castrol, so it was a toss up between that and the 660.. Prob go with the Castrol now you mention it again. :thumbsup:

I met up with Angel today on his flash trip to London for a quick cup of coffee. Kevin the welshman was also there showing off his lovely and amazingly clean motor:smile: Not much to say apart from;

1. The guys are top guys fullstop

2. Angel's mistress looks great, much better in the flesh than the pictures, especially the wheels (they can do with a cleaning though haha). I really liked the black and white contrast that is created by the carbon bonnet (even though I am not a carbon bonnet fan) and the black front spoiler bits. But most importantly....the car is quick. Errr..the car is really quick...errrrrr...the car is seriously quick. Still on original box so first gear is ridiculously useless, change to second and the torque is there therefore it literally feels that the car is been kicked from the rear..literally! Up to third and this is when the power really shows itself, before you know it you are on forth and the speedo shouts prison (private roads etc etc).

Oh well what can I say, the car is a beast, today it was my first (and hopefully not the last) experience I had in a Megane'd Clio and I now realise what people are talking about. You would never miss the screaming F4R, the NA feeling is good but not as ''300bhp with loads of torque'' good. I can say with absolutely certainty - and given that my car is a keeper - that at some point my F4R will have to go away.

Last edited:
Pleasure to meet you too Yiannis, and Kevin too, it has to be said that the 250 is an animal in the corners..

Really pleased that it got your seal of approval, FI is definitely the way forward mate, I'll mail you those bits and links tomorrow. That van that pulled out in front of you got your car twitching, little puff of smoke from the rear tyres there.. :wink:

I met up with Angel today on his flash trip to London for a quick cup of coffee. Kevin the welshman was also there showing off his lovely and amazingly clean motor:smile: Not much to say apart from;

1. The guys are top guys fullstop

2. Angel's mistress looks great, much better in the flesh than the pictures, especially the wheels (they can do with a cleaning though haha). I really liked the black and white contrast that is created by the carbon bonnet (even though I am not a carbon bonnet fan) and the black front spoiler bits. But most importantly....the car is quick. Errr..the car is really quick...errrrrr...the car is seriously quick. Still on original box so first gear is ridiculously useless, change to second and the torque is there therefore it literally feels that the car is been kicked from the rear..literally! Up to third and this is when the power really shows itself, before you know it you are on forth and the speedo shouts prison (private roads etc etc).

Oh well what can I say, the car is a beast, today it was my first (and hopefully not the last) experience I had in a Megane'd Clio and I now realise what people are talking about. You would never miss the screaming F4R, the NA feeling is good but not as ''300bhp with loads of torque'' good. I can say with absolutely certainty - and given that my car is a keeper - that at some point my F4R will have to go away.

Ahmen.....

I really want to have a passenger ride in one of these 197/200s that have a megane lump in them, I can imagine they are epic!