My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

Sh*t that sucks Angel! Must have cursed yourself saying how much you wanted to Forge it the other week!

Hopefully the block is intact mate :smile:

Totally lost a piston, spark plug and head..

I want to forge it but tbh I haven't got time to build an engine and be without a car. So plan B it is.. already took delivery of another engine which is going in next week. I'll then be popping up to RS Tuning with some larger injectors for a tweek of the map.

The plan then is to start with the old block and build a forged lump probably with a 200 head and a few other goodies.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, its ****, but gotta take the rough with the smooth when it comes to modded cars i guess
you on your 3rd or 4th engine now?

i soooooo misss mine ffs :worried:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, its ****, but gotta take the rough with the smooth when it comes to modded cars i guess
you on your 3rd or 4th engine now?

i soooooo misss mine ffs :worried:

3rd engine mate.. 1st one didn't even leave the pallet.. lol

this last one has covered over 15k since the conversion and I was on std injectors that were more than maxing out so they could've been part of the problem.

But yes your totally right, when doing these things you have to take the rough with the smooth. Hence my decision to build a forged motor properly and not rush it.

I've thought about throwing the towel in so many times but tbf I do a hell of a lot of hard miles so she stands up well to it and I can't think of any other car that will tick all the boxes like the Clio does.

Last edited:

this last one has covered over 15k since the conversion and I was on std injectors that were more than maxing out so they could've been part of the problem.

But yes your totally right, when doing these things you have to take the rough with the smooth. Hence my decision to build a forged motor properly and not rush it.

I've thought about throwing the towel in so many times but tbf I do a hell of a lot of hard miles so she stands up well to it and I can't think of any other car that will tick all the boxes like the Clio does.

was gonna say, you asked for everything to be pretty much maxed out so i guess it was only a matter of time.

ticking the boxes - u r soo right, still now regret having to get rid of the yellow one. but hey ho

Your not wrong. Not sure what you can replace it with for the money. There's lots of stuff out there but its an hard package to beat for the money. I bet those who have sold their megg'd Clio's have regretted it, especially if they've ended up spending more money on top, to end up potentially with less. Like Jonesy said, you have to take the rough with the smooth with modded cars. I've learnt loads from mine and still have a few things that I'd like to push on with. The exhaust def needs looking at (want to go 3'), I think the rear 'can's are quite restrictive on it too. Shakey made me a wicked custom pump using the standard housing so you might want to consider this along with injectors. The TB and getting the VVT working would be fun although I think its going to need some thinking around running a different ecu. Hybrid would be great and I would then easily see 350bhp but importantly, you'd see torque figures that would hurt really expensive cars.....Lots of food for thought.

Last edited: