My Ultra Red 197 - Update - Trackday Photos

My remap was about 2 years ago I think, not had it tweaked since then! It was done by TDF and very happy with the results, I hated the cold start on my 197 so it was worth it for that alone. Not sure I'd bother remapping a 200, don't think there would be much benefit

cheers for that mate! the kangaroo is awful when cold :| will be remaping very soon!

your right it is awful mate,remember when i bought mine private the guy tried his best not to make it kangaroo from cold but i let him get on with it then when it was warm i said to him "apparently cold starts are an issue with these cars aren't they" he just grinned,glad i did my homework

your right it is awful mate,remember when i bought mine private the guy tried his best not to make it kangaroo from cold but i let him get on with it then when it was warm i said to him "apparently cold starts are an issue with these cars aren't they" he just grinned,glad i did my homework

ha funny you should say that my experiance was near enough the same, the guy told me about it but i new about it also. the embarrassing moment though when you leave your street, somones looking at your car as you pull off and u look like a rite :whatever: haha

My remap was about 2 years ago I think, not had it tweaked since then! It was done by TDF and very happy with the results, I hated the cold start on my 197 so it was worth it for that alone. Not sure I'd bother remapping a 200, don't think there would be much benefit

why not bother remapping a 200?think it's the best mod ive done,It helps with the cold start to:wink:

One of my better laps from the renaultsport trackday at bedford autodrome, the clio performed fantastically! Seems like the DS2500s aren't up to the abuse they got, need something more track orientated but everything else was great, even the conti tyres held up ok.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dISWD1y2KCw[/YOUTUBE]

Love it mate ! I was selling my 197, bought my new and had it 3 months now. Decided to keep the 197 and sell the zetec s i bought, looking at your pics i cant wait to get back in it and carry on modding.

Are your diamonds sprayed ? if so how do you get them off ?

Love it mate ! I was selling my 197, bought my new and had it 3 months now. Decided to keep the 197 and sell the zetec s i bought, looking at your pics i cant wait to get back in it and carry on modding.

Are your diamonds sprayed ? if so how do you get them off ?

I've got the streamline carbon badges. Front one you need to take the bumper off and unscrew it then glue the carbon one on. Rear one pulls off and carbon one glued on :smile:

I had a mk5 fiesta zetec-s before the 197, great cars but not in the same league!

Cheers :tongueout:

Just got back from the 'ring and wow, what a place! Was not prepared for the elevations which are just massive and the dips which ram you down in your seat! The clio was flawless, need to raise it a little for the ring, the compressions were causing the tyres to rub the arch liners which has never happened on the road/bedford.

Got to the ring for 9am when it opened and got 4 laps in, was going to do 4 more in the afternoon but it started raining really heavily and watching everyone go around sideways I wasn't going to risk it. Didn't time the first lap but second lap was 9:12, third was 9:09 and fourth was 9:01. Had quite a bit of traffic on the last lap which must have cost about 5 seconds so was well impressed with those times! Especially as it was only 6 degrees so cold ish tyres.

Anyway, got a few pics with more to come later
213169.jpg
claires034ZF-5401-74228-1-001.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions