New Clio 200t order... not overly impressed

Just been into the dealer for an update on my order. Good news I assume, is that it now has a chassis number allocated to the order. The bad news is that the "estimated" delivery date is now 18-31st December (I'm assuming 2014 here!). That will be over 6 months! compared to the original 3 months estimated by the sales-guy at the dealer. No need to say that I'm not overly impressed.

Last time that I dropped into the dealer to check things, I joked about being lucky to get it for Christmas at this rate. Looks like it was not so much of a joke after all.

The annoying thing is, that they had absolutely no idea as to why the big delay.

Think I'll try and find (for what good it will do me) an Email address for someone at RUK (anyone help me here???) and Email them and try and find out why the big delay in supplying cars to the UK (CC. the boss at my local Arnold Clark as well me thinks).

Got to be totally honest, if they had given such a long lead time for a new car, then I definitely would have looked closer at getting an X-demo, or cancelled order, even it it meant a fair old drive (which it would be for me up here in Scotlandshire).

Don't think I'm being unreasonable here myself. I think 3/4 months for a new motor should be around right. Even when I ordered my first Scooby back in the early 90's (when they were as rare as hens teeth and 2nd hand ones were changing hands at nearly new money) it took less than 5 months to build and ship it all the way from Japan for God's sake!

:worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried:

Sorry to hear this mate not good at all. I've just sent an email to my dealer asking if what's happened to yours has also effected mine. I was quoted back end of October back in august

Sorry to hear this mate not good at all. I've just sent an email to my dealer asking if what's happened to yours has also effected mine. I was quoted back end of October back in august

I'm guessing that this is some sort of general delay / hold up, can't imagine why :angry:

It's not like I've spec'd my car up (IE. standard suspension). It's a stock car in flame red (other than the reversing camera).

Maybe they have started hand building them now :001_unsure:

That's bang out of order. It's not a hand made rolls Royce, let's face it. Id be giving them some serious headache over the phone.

what you have to remember though is that as much as its frustrating as hell the dealer can only suply a car that the factory have built

i was in the same position last year:

ORDERED IN JUNE
PROJECTED DELIVERY SEPTEMBER
GOT TOLD CAR WOULD BE XMAS
CANCELLED ORDER
FOUND A STOCK CAR IN PETETBOROUGH
COLLECTED NEXT DAY..............

My original order actually arrived at my local dealer in Febuary 2014.......8 months after order

my car went into renault last week for a service and it was like a new model to them. it was only the 2nd 200T they had seen

That makes my storey even better then, not trying to rub it in, but I went into my local dealer and they had one already there. (pretty much the spec I wanted)
possibly not the colour I would have went for (LY), but happy about the colour now, and still waited a month for plate transfer.
no way could I wait 6 months + for delivery.

The delay apparently is the tyre pressure sensors which have to be fitted to all new cars sold from November (don't know if this has effected your order).
I ended up waiting 8 months from time of order to delivery on mine.

The delay apparently is the tyre pressure sensors which have to be fitted to all new cars sold from November (don't know if this has effected your order).

Maybe a silly question, so you have tyre pressure sensors on yours, do you have your car now?

No, mine didn't come with the tyre sensors a lot of the delay was renault trying to sort the RS monitor with r-link. The tyre sensor delay seems to have been since August

Hi... yes I have seen this comment too. But I've also seen it refuted by RUK. The TPMS issue by all accounts only applies to "new models produced after the 1st Nov" and not "all new cars built after 1 Nov 2014". Or so they are reported to have said. Rather like when DRL's became mandatory. It only applied to new models produced after a certain date, though a lot of manufacturers subsequently added them to their current models range (EG. my new Swift sport did not comes with DRL's even though it was produced after the mandatory date for DRL's... though subsequently Suzuki added them as standard to this model).

Though ... I am starting to hear rumours that Renault are currently holding "all" orders for the 200t back due to an issue with the EDC gear box! Just about to Email RUK myself and ask what's going on, as I'm not a happy camper at the moment.

If there is an issue with the boxes they should be sending out recall notices - there's only about 300 RS EDC in the uk this isn't including the gt.

If there is an issue with the boxes they should be sending out recall notices - there's only about 300 RS EDC in the uk this isn't including the gt.

Yep... you certainly would have thought so.

I'll post back once I've spoken to RUK (hopefully tomorrow).

Though interestingly (!!!) if you try to use the "contact" section on the RUK WEB site, it just says "page not found". One way to stop people complaining I suppose. So I'll try the phone number that they give.

Will be interesting to see the outcome from this.

My car has had no issues at all so far, even the thing where people say it holds gears for ages doesn't happen to mine.. Seems perfect at the moment to be honest.

Will be interesting to see the outcome from this.

My car has had no issues at all so far, even the thing where people say it holds gears for ages doesn't happen to mine.. Seems perfect at the moment to be honest.
Same as me