New Clio 200t order... not overly impressed

Think this thread could end up as the biggest moan ever:whatever:

Starting to loose the will to live here :blush:hmy:

Phoned RUK this morning and got pretty much straight through to Adrian and he apologised for not getting back to me last week (it had been two weeks actually). And assured me that he had been onto the Renault factory. But up to now, he had not received an answer (now where have I heard that one:glare:smile:. I explained my concerns that while other folks who appear to have ordered their cars around the same time as me, have either got them, or are just about to. He agreed that I did seem a little strange and said that he would get off another Email to Renault and would get back to me as soon as he heard anything (could be dead of old age at this rate:lol:smile:.

So... next step is to type up a list of questions for the dealer, just in case in my advanced years I forget something (like us elderly people can:tongueout:anic:smile: and go in first thing tomorrow morning to discuss. The final point on the list being ... what is the position if I decide to cancel the order (don't want to).

I've had a good look round to try and formulate a plan B, but can't find the right age / spec of car 2nd hand car anywhere. Am currently talking with a garage up in Glasgow that has a red one coming in, but have been slightly put off by the fact that it appears to have already had two owners. And on a 63 plate, the car can't be much more than a year old! X-demo passed on to a customer I suspect. But why is the current owner dumping the car this quick??? Sales guy has little info at the moment and is off work today, so I'll progress this later in the week.

The thing that surprises me some what, is the almost total lack of communication between Renault and either the dealer or it's own RUK Customer Services. Bit of a strange way to run a business.

As a car is quite often (next to a house) one of the biggest single purchases that most people make, it disappoints me that in some 40 years of buying cars... that little has changed (IE. service & communication is CRAP).

Think this thread could end up as the biggest moan ever:whatever:

Starting to loose the will to live here :blush:hmy:

Phoned RUK this morning and got pretty much straight through to Adrian and he apologised for not getting back to me last week (it had been two weeks actually). And assured me that he had been onto the Renault factory. But up to now, he had not received an answer (now where have I heard that one:glare:smile:. I explained my concerns that while other folks who appear to have ordered their cars around the same time as me, have either got them, or are just about to. He agreed that I did seem a little strange and said that he would get off another Email to Renault and would get back to me as soon as he heard anything (could be dead of old age at this rate:lol:smile:.

So... next step is to type up a list of questions for the dealer, just in case in my advanced years I forget something (like us elderly people can:tongueout:anic:smile: and go in first thing tomorrow morning to discuss. The final point on the list being ... what is the position if I decide to cancel the order (don't want to).

I've had a good look round to try and formulate a plan B, but can't find the right age / spec of car 2nd hand car anywhere. Am currently talking with a garage up in Glasgow that has a red one coming in, but have been slightly put off by the fact that it appears to have already had two owners. And on a 63 plate, the car can't be much more than a year old! X-demo passed on to a customer I suspect. But why is the current owner dumping the car this quick??? Sales guy has little info at the moment and is off work today, so I'll progress this later in the week.

The thing that surprises me some what, is the almost total lack of communication between Renault and either the dealer or it's own RUK Customer Services. Bit of a strange way to run a business.

As a car is quite often (next to a house) one of the biggest single purchases that most people make, it disappoints me that in some 40 years of buying cars... that little has changed (IE. service & communication is CRAP).

Just had a look at some used ones myself out of curiosity. How about this one? http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201409047115665

Just had a look at some used ones myself out of curiosity. How about this one? http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201409047115665

That one looks a bit more promising. Registered 16 June 2014 according to GOV.UK ... Probably a 5 hour round trip to see it but may end up having to bite the bullet and accept that I've got to travell to get the right car.

PS. That garage appears to have several 2nd hand Clio 200t's in stock. Interesting.

PPS. Just noticed that it's a group and covers several different garages / towns.

Last edited:
Mine is still for sale!
Red with excellent spec. Ex factory show car, first proper owner has a new car every year and next owner, me, had it for two weeks and couldnt stand the auto gearbox.
I need to get it sold so that I can find a late, low mileage 200 to replace my fantastic 197 which has now done 86000 miles and needs to retire to my other halves Sunday collection.

That one looks a bit more promising. Registered 16 June 2014 according to GOV.UK ... Probably a 5 hour round trip to see it but may end up having to bite the bullet and accept that I've got to travell to get the right car.

PS. That garage appears to have several 2nd hand Clio 200t's in stock. Interesting.

PPS. Just noticed that it's a group and covers several different garages / towns.

Yeah its always worth a look. The cars are all ex staff & staff family cars as they loan them to the staff to use for a few months . I work for Renault Retail Group

Last edited:
Spoke to RUK once again and they could not even promise delivery this year (I joke not). So off round to dealer and cancelled order. No issue getting my deposit re-funded (they offered me it back even before I asked).

So now looking 2nd hand.

CLIO_200T thanks for the link mate. I'm off down to Manchester hopefully this coming Thursday and things are looking hopeful. A long round trip for me in a day but looks like I need to travel a bit to get what I want.
This has at least cheered me up a bit:smile:

Glad you got your deposit back without a fuss, now you can get one sooner :smile:

Picked up my new car today. More than happy :smile:

BIG thank you to Renault Manchester Retail for turning this sale round (including sorting the finance) in 48 hours flat :jase:

Lux 4 month old garage car in LY. Appears mint both inside and out. Other than a slight curb mark on drivers side rear wheel that's about it, looks like it's just come out of the showroom.

Only slightly annoying thing that I've noticed, is that they must have had a bad puncture on the passenger side rear wheel and have replaced the tyre (Eagle F1) with a different branded tyre to the other three (bit of penny pinching there really). Not even sure if I can be bothered to mention it to them.

Pretty tired now after a 7 hour round trip to pick the car up but certainly worth it. Including the cost of the paint job, some £4.5k saving over new, plus a better trade in price for my old car.

I'll start up a new thread and post some pictures when it gets cleaned at the weekend.

RESULT :smile::smile::smile:

So glad you've finally got what you've wanted buddy! Great news! And in a brilliant colour! That's a massive price saving also,

pictures please :smile:

Congrats! Probably the best colour too :smile:

I would be pretty annoyed with the odd tyre personally, probably only £120 to replace though.

Congrats! Probably the best colour too :smile:

I would be pretty annoyed with the odd tyre personally, probably only £120 to replace though.

You were more than patient with them, enjoy the new car.

And for them about an extra £30 over a cheap they opted for. Would do my nut in, always have all 4 the same. And would never have two different tyres on the same axle (for want of a better word) for safety reasons esp on a performance car. I knew what at my work we have yo have the sand tyres on the same axle and different front to back is frowned upon.

A 7 hour round trip for a car us nothing. I'm going to look at a car tomorrow which if I buy will take 7 hours to get to the boat in Scotland, 3 hours on the boat and another 2 hours from the boat in Larne to get home (and that not including the flight etc to get there! And it's not the first time I've done this. If it's the right car it's worth travelling.

You were more than patient with them, enjoy the new car.

And for them about an extra £30 over a cheap they opted for. Would do my nut in, always have all 4 the same. And would never have two different tyres on the same axle (for want of a better word) for safety reasons esp on a performance car. I knew what at my work we have yo have the sand tyres on the same axle and different front to back is frowned upon.

A 7 hour round trip for a car us nothing. I'm going to look at a car tomorrow which if I buy will take 7 hours to get to the boat in Scotland, 3 hours on the boat and another 2 hours from the boat in Larne to get home (and that not including the flight etc to get there! And it's not the first time I've done this. If it's the right car it's worth travelling.

Thanks for that.

WOW... that's some journey. Good luck.

Re - tyre ... think I will mention it to the garage. But not overly concerned if they wont do anything. Got the car for such a good price, that I'll just order one off the internet and get my mate at the local garage to fit it for me. But yes as you say "And for them about an extra £30 over a cheap they opted for....." seems crazy to me as well.

So glad it worjed out in the end for you bud. Cant believe how much you got messed about when buying a new car. Looking forward to pics. :wink: