new member from south wales :)

Hi I am a new member from south wales hopefully will be getting a 197 in the next few weeks as soon as I sell my bm will be looking for a 197 f1, I am just having a browse about the forum everyone here seems great :smile: I am just wondering why I carnt view the parts for sale thread I can view everything else apart from that is their something I need to do :smile:

Cheers rhys

Welcome to the forum Rhys :smile:

To view all the sections you need to become a Paid Member - details on the link at the top of the page (Memberships). Well worth the small fee :smile:

Good luck in your search for a 197, any questions please feel free to ask.

Cheers :smile: I will become a paid member then as soon as I buy a 197 as I can read everything I need to no before I buy one cheers for the advice.

Rhys

Welcome :smiley: Seems like you're in the ideal location for owning a Clio! Right next to the Brecons!

As you've said, it's well worth joining as a paid member before buying a Clio - have a read though as much of the forum as you can and you'll very quickly pick up the important bits to look out for when buying your Clio.

To get you started - 2 things I overlooked when bought mine - 2 of the 4 fan speeds weren't working (speed #2 and #4), keyless entry on the drivers door didn't work (test both doors and the boot for keyless entry and locking using the button on the door handle).

[MENTION=52455]CallorFold[/MENTION] Were the fan and locking problems a big job to sort out ? My 1 & 2 setting doesn't work and the locking buttons don't work on my handles..

Sorry to hijack the thread [MENTION=53556]roachy1994[/MENTION] Welcome mate!

@CallorFold Were the fan and locking problems a big job to sort out ? My 1 & 2 setting doesn't work and the locking buttons don't work on my handles..

Sorry to hijack the thread @roachy1994 Welcome mate!

[MENTION=52040]matt9566[/MENTION]
Fan Speed is now fixed, although not something I did myself - details and pics in this thread here: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?50090-Heater-Fan-Speed-Connector-(pics-inside)

And the keyless entry, for me it's just the unlock that doesn't work, the lock button works fine. Not something I'll tackle myself and I've just been living with it for now. Unfortunately discs, pads, service and a wheel refurb is top of the list before I can think about getting the keyless entry looked at :worried:

@matt9566
Fan Speed is now fixed, although not something I did myself - details and pics in this thread here: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?50090-Heater-Fan-Speed-Connector-(pics-inside)

And the keyless entry, for me it's just the unlock that doesn't work, the lock button works fine. Not something I'll tackle myself and I've just been living with it for now. Unfortunately discs, pads, service and a wheel refurb is top of the list before I can think about getting the keyless entry looked at :worried:
[MENTION=52455]CallorFold[/MENTION] Thanks i'll have a look at that mate. Ahh I see mines the opposite, I just wondered if it would have been a quick fix with the locking as its really annoying.. having to get my keys out to lock every time, it has worked at some point.
I'm the same, have a lot of things that are priority over that, there's always something to be spending money on!

@CallorFold Thanks i'll have a look at that mate. Ahh I see mines the opposite, I just wondered if it would have been a quick fix with the locking as its really annoying.. having to get my keys out to lock every time, it has worked at some point.
I'm the same, have a lot of things that are priority over that, there's always something to be spending money on!
[MENTION=52040]matt9566[/MENTION] As far as I know, the fix is a new door handle for both the issue of the lock button not working, and the keyless entry door opening.

Requires a strip down of the door basically, door card off etc. There is a guide in the How To for stripping down the door and removing the handle, but it looks a but full-on for me to tackle personally and I don't even really know what I'm looking for even if I did manage to take everything apart!

@matt9566 As far as I know, the fix is a new door handle for both the issue of the lock button not working, and the keyless entry door opening.

Requires a strip down of the door basically, door card off etc. There is a guide in the How To for stripping down the door and removing the handle, but it looks a but full-on for me to tackle personally and I don't even really know what I'm looking for even if I did manage to take everything apart!
[MENTION=52455]CallorFold[/MENTION] Yeah I thought that would be the case, would be a bit full on for me too i'm definitely not very mechanically/electrically confident. I'll just get everything else done that I want to do then if any spare money does become available then i'll look in to getting it sorted. Thanks for all the info anyway!

Similar Thread Suggestions