(new member) Gearbox issues - flabbergasted!!?

evening all-

after an hour of seaching & PM's- Ive managed to get this sent to me-

I try to help wherever-

Person to email at Renault and to keep hassling is the MD

thierry.sybord@renault.com

It will probably be passed back to customer services, the trick is to keep Thierry copied into every email you send and make yourself as much of a pain as possible, also WELL worth making as many threads as possible and update with each and every contact, what you said and what they said etc, keep it as public as possible.
( added by Steve- Add this thread onto renaultsport under ownership experience)

Also David.mullins@renault.co.uk is worth a try as he is one of the seniors within customer services.

Thanks for the information on who to contact.

I have sent an email to the MD so we will see what the response is like.

Also which is the Renault forum that you suggested posting on under the ownership experiences area?

Thanks,
Harry

Well I have created a thread on the Renault sport site and it sent an email to the RUK MD both of which have got some interest from customer services.

Unfortunately they are still arguing about how they are offering me goodwill and normally they wouldnt offer anything.

Hopefully they will make me a good offer as the cost to supply and fit a new gearbox by Renault has come out at £2300 which is more than a quarter of the value of the car at only 4 years old and 27k miles.

I have indeed thought of twitter and facebook, trading standards, watchdog and all the UK motoring press.

I would however like to give them a chance to do the right and proper thing first which is fix their problem. If I dont get the response I want then that is what they will get next!

I have had a call from a senior customer service manager called Sam Lavington on Friday, she proceeded to tell me that it was either my fault or the previous owners fault in how the vehicle has been driven. She flatly refused that there is any problem with the TL4 gearbox and told me that I was lucky to be offered anything as it is outside warranty.

I am obviously not happy about this given that other owners have been offered much higher values than 50% at a similar or higher mileage than my car. I will now be emailing the managing director of Renault UK again.

If there are no problems with the box I would ask them why they have modified the syncros to one piece on 3rd and 4th?

I have had a call from a senior customer service manager called Sam Lavington on Friday, she proceeded to tell me that it was either my fault or the previous owners fault in how the vehicle has been driven. She flatly refused that there is any problem with the TL4 gearbox and told me that I was lucky to be offered anything as it is outside warranty.

I have dealt with this person. I was offered a 90% contribution towards my gearbox repair cost (85% from RUK and 5% from the local dealership). This doesn't seem to be in line with what she is stating to you...?

I have dealt with this person. I was offered a 90% contribution towards my gearbox repair cost (85% from RUK and 5% from the local dealership). This doesn't seem to be in line with what she is stating to you...?

Any chance you would PM me your cars reg no mileage and age when the gearbox was changed? Any information I can use would be much appreciated.

I have also dealt with this same person sorting out my seat.

She (samantha) seems to be the manager there and makes the decisions.

Thanks for the PM CL10

I have received a call today from customer services to say that Thiery Sybord has received my email and he is aware of my case.

I have also been told that he is of the opinion that Renault will not increase the amount they will contribute to the cost of the repairs so that it is in line with what others owners have been offered.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7
OutlawAsh New Members 1
T Clio General Chat 14