Next car.....????

Was wondering what people were planning on getting next....I'm struggling cause there really seems to be a lack of realistic 'must haves'. There's plenty I'd consider but when it comes down to it, either too old, too expensive to run and maintain, too new, too expensive to buy.....or simply can't imagine living with it.

The Clio is first car I have no plan for replacing, I can't believe I've actually said that. But next car will prob be a diesel mile munching family bus.... That can tow the Clio to and from track lol

Struggled with the idea for a while now, insuring anything reasonably here is difficult. Looked into loads of things but there isn't much that stands up to the Clio as a one car garage for me......

The Clio is first car I have no plan for replacing, I can't believe I've actually said that. But next car will prob be a diesel mile munching family bus.... That can tow the Clio to and from track lol

Same tbh. Except for the family part..

I really struggled to wheather to change the clio for the megane, had to have a good think. Then i thought a aint getting younger, and i would always regret not taking the chance. So brought it. Wanted some refinement, grown up. Miss the clio for its rawness compared to megane. Feel more in touch with the road, more rewarding when getting it going. The megane easier to get going, do love it thou. Clio is a hard car to beat.

I wouldn't get anything exciting if I had to replace the clio. Probably a 1 series Msport or a Golf.

I've always fancied a nice golf.

Another elise but an s1 sport 160 and an oil burner for normal duties. Possibly a fiesta. Thats the plan but only in 4 years or so!

We might rplace the Abarth 500 for the new Mini GP. Stiling Mini got theres on Friday and it looks amazing ! Though the spoiler could be a bit bigger/look at me.

The only thing the 500 has over it is the noise, the mini doesnt sound as good.

I'm with iAndy, the 197 is the first car I've had that I havent wanted to change. The only thing I would do is trade up for a better spec model (climate, auto wipers, projectors etc)

I suspect something will come along but at the moment I'm very happy staying put!

Depending on what it's like and if they build it to the budget they are aiming at....

It will be the new Alpine a110-50

We might rplace the Abarth 500 for the new Mini GP. Stiling Mini got theres on Friday and it looks amazing ! Though the spoiler could be a bit bigger/look at me.

The only thing the 500 has over it is the noise, the mini doesnt sound as good.

That can be fixed though...

For me there's a few things I'd swap the Clio for. But it all comes down to costs to insure with me being 25 and the mrs being 22 it can be difficult to get insured for anything short of stupid money. We've also only got room for one car at the moment which rules out mile muncher/cheap run around + fun car. If I were to do that I'd probably have a twingo 133 for Lois and something RWD for me, maybe an Elise or a turbo'd MX5 for pissing around with.

Ideally though if I'm sticking with a one car garage the next car would either be Focus RS, or more preferably hatchback Impreza STI. Both of which are quick, both should be pretty fun, and both already have a green light from 'her indoors' lol.

megane 250 with cup leather and recaros (also in red) :cloud9:

ford fiesta st-180 :hug1:

I want to take a look at the 200T, but I might have to wait until they become available as a used buy. I might be able to afford a new one, but I'm trying to save for a house too, so Might be better waiting for a used one. Having said that, I imagine I'll be going older and cheaper when we get a house.

I didn't have the same feeling I did buying the MPS as I did buying my 197.

I've had the clio nearly 3 years and still loving it but have got that itch to change! But, I really don't think there's a car out there that has such a good balance between performance/entertainment/practicality/running costs/comfort as the clio.

Would love an e46 m3 but it won't be as fun, would also love a boxster but they're a fair bit more expensive. Or, currently thinking of a 350z but they won't be as good on a track.

I think they only real way to go is 2 cars - diesel cruiser and something like an elise!

Similar Thread Suggestions